Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Oil Is sprinkling all over my hatch.

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 09:59 AM
Mateo_Feo
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oil Is sprinkling all over my hatch.

So I tried seafoaming my mini, I put a whole bottle of the stuff in my gas tank and everything was cool. Put half a bottle in my il drove for a like 150 miles then changed the oil, immediately the rear window began to get sprinkles on it until I couldn't see out of the window. Pulled over got out and touched it, it was oil. The whole beck end was covered in oil.

I pop the hood check the oil level and it's getting low. By the time I get back to the house it's on e and there's oil dripping from underneath the passenger side near the passenger side bushing.

Now I don't know where the oils leaking from tried, filling it up only to have the oil dump out again. couldn't find a leak near the oil filter housing or the drain plug those are on there tight and sealed. So the oil must be coming from somewhere I can't obviously see. Anyone have any idea where it could be? OR what's wrong with it? I'm taking it to my mechanic tomorrw, but I'm hoping it's nothing serious.

Old 05-23-2010, 10:49 AM
Barrettrw11
4th Gear
Well I have to say the seafoam is just a coincidence. I and many other people here have done it with no problems.

You already checked the two areas I was going to suggest. Let us know how it goes with the mechanic.

Old 05-23-2010, 03:00 PM
Silkworm
3rd Gear
Dont panic!

In that area you have two things drain plug and the filter itself. I would check the filter and especially the O Ring and of course the drain plug. If you got 2 orings on that filter it will do it. Seafoam wont do it.