Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

Bizzare Incident

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2010 | 01:18 PM
jujucooper
2nd Gear
Sorry about your situation!

She's gone 70k miles - she deserves to go into old-age without drama. Whatever caused this should be ashamed!

Old 07-12-2010 | 02:58 PM
gregsmini
4th Gear
Originally Posted by jujucooper
Sorry about your situation!

She's gone 70k miles - she deserves to go into old-age without drama.
Old Age! That's just broke in!

Old 07-12-2010 | 04:33 PM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Giessy
According to him I’m lying.
Oh, Hell to the NO! I hope he checks that attitude before dialing your number. If not, he needs to understand you've got a big ole MINI family that'll put something on him soap & water won't wash off...

Old 07-12-2010 | 06:10 PM
maacodale
4th Gear
Being in the bodyshop business for 30 years, I'd have to agree, something hit the vehicle. As stated before, you can see the cracks radiating from the impact point of the rear glass. Could have possibly been a bottle of some sort. That would explain the liquid in the vehicle.

Now, as the insurance adjuster goes, I have a lot more experience dealing with them. Remember two things, first he has a boss. If he starts going off in one direction, like saying you're lying, I'd be on the phone to his boss fast! Secondly, it's YOUR insurance compnay, they work for you. It cost far more for an insurance company to get a new customer than to keep an existing one. Notice all the insurance commercials? Get on the phone to your agent.They are the one directly affected if you take your money elsewhere. Don't be afraid to call them and tell them you don't think you're being treated fairly. Trust me, they wouldn't be shy about sending you a notice if you're a day or two late with a payment!

Old 07-12-2010 | 06:47 PM
R56 Wi MINI
3rd Gear
Thank God nobody was sitting in the passenger seat. I think I would have s*** my pants had I been sitting there.

Good luck with the repairs.

Old 07-12-2010 | 07:38 PM
moondawg14
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by R56 Wi MINI
Thank God nobody was sitting in the passenger seat. I think I would have s*** my pants had I been sitting there.
And insurance definitely isn't going to cover THAT.

Old 07-13-2010 | 05:42 AM
DICKS GARAGE R53
6th Gear
^^ ^^

In the car NO, but in a house they do. Thats my job when I'm not playing army. No not insurance company, I'm a S*** sucker for a living and proud of it.

In all actuality talking to your insurance company directly WORKS!!! I had a problem with my agent for the last year, then I got deployed to Iraq and fought with her for 3 months to get my cars on a storage insurance. One day I had enough and sent an email directly to the corprate office. A couple hours later my parents got a phone call from them and everything imediately got handled, plus they even credited me the 3 months I was fighting with my former agent (god rest her employment) for when I return home. It realy is amazing what one email can do. Sometimes you gotta be a *****, and maby even get someone fired.

Old 07-21-2010 | 09:17 AM
smackboy1
3rd Gear
Interesting. Maybe someone shot out your windows with a BB, paintball or slingshot.

Old 07-28-2010 | 11:52 AM
Giessy
|
Neutral
Little Update. Last Friday MINI told me my car would be ready by either this past Monday 7/26 or Tuesday 7/27 at the latest. I reminded them that I need the car on Friday 7/30 because I was going on a trip. I called them on Tuesday 7/27 to ask about the status and they tell me in a casual tone: "oh they will put the window in on either Wednesday 7/28 or Thursday 7/29 and then we will have it ready by Friday."

We contacted Mini again today and they first said if they would have known that we needed the car by Friday 7/30 they would have worked faster. What kind of service is that? They wont do their best unless you have tell them to? Secondly, the mini advisor accused me again of lying saying that the car was vandalized and that they keep finding problems with the car and they have to forward those problems to the insurance company for approval before they can order parts or work on it.

They have had my car since July 8th. (Not July 1st, my mistake) They told us that if the car wasn’t ready by Friday 7/30 (they couldn’t give us a time frame, they said they would call us) then they would give us a loaner car. From past experiences, the loaner cars that mini gives have a limited amount of mileage you can drive them before they charge you. I’m going to be driving to Montana (from Colorado) so that should be interesting.

If funny how last Friday (7/23/2010) they told us the car would be ready either Monday or Tuesday (7/26 7/27) to know not knowing if it will be ready by Friday. Not to mention with all these problems they keep finding, which they don’t tell us what they are, what the final price is going to be to fix this.

Sorry about my rant, just needed to vent.

Last edited by Giessy; 07-28-2010 at 12:14 PM.
Old 07-29-2010 | 05:14 AM
iwashmycar
6th Gear
geesh. that sucks. if theyre worth thier marbles id hope theyll let you drive the loaner as you need to. unless your dealing with the service supervisor, i suggest you do.... I had some problems resolved very quickly with a single phone call to ours. Sometimes the service writers just dont know whats up.

And as far as insurance.... heck, theyll pay for just about whatever the dealer requests to get the job done, as long as your dealer cares enough to get it done right and stand up for your car like theyre getting paid to do