Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

help?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 12:22 AM
05miniR53
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
help?

I already did the search thing and i can't find it. And im new to here so please dont rip me up....im just asking for help. Low boost, i smell fuel. usually runs 12 lbs its at 4. and i dont remember the exact code its throwing, but it reads too much boost under deceleration. Any ideas?

Old 07-29-2010, 05:12 AM
Fatherdeth
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You're going to have to be a little more descriptive. My guess with what you are saying is maybe some bad fuel (that's my answer to everything), but in all seriousness.....How does the car run? Does it sputter and hesitate on take off. If it runs decent, does it have some get up and go? I know just recently the vacuum connector for my boost gauge was dry rotted and I only read 8 psi of boost at WOT where I was used to seeing 17. I replaced that and got my boost readings back and I checked all the other components ie. Throttlebody, intercooler bellows for leaks. Can you get the exact code for us?

Old 07-29-2010, 10:28 AM
05miniR53
1st Gear
I can't get thee exact code again till this weekend, but. Its terrible on takeoff, bogs, then goes. Even at a cruising speed you can watch it go from 0 to 6 vacuum up and down up and down. I was told It could be the bypass valve so I'm installing that on Saturday. But I smell fuel, that should have nothing to do with that. And as far as the boost gauge, I checked the lines, and you can tell there is a total power loss.

Old 07-29-2010, 11:43 AM
05miniR53
1st Gear
I can't get thee exact code again till this weekend, but. Its terrible on takeoff, bogs, then goes. Even at a cruising speed you can watch it go from 0 to 6 vacuum up and down up and down. I was told It could be the bypass valve so I'm installing that on Saturday. But I smell fuel, that should have nothing to do with that. And as far as the boost gauge, I checked the lines, and you can tell there is a total power loss.