Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Tornado Fuel Saver in the MINI

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2003, 06:22 PM
mcclint
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My last car was a 95 VW Jetta and I had installed a Tornado Fuel Saver in it and I have to say I LOVED that thing! http://www.tornadofuelsaver.com/tfs/ The horsepower increased dramtically and the fuel economy also got better. I am not one to buy something "as seen on TV", but that is one awesome add-on. Well anyway... I had to sell that car and I thought about taking the Tornado Fuel Saver from the Jetta and putting it in my 2003 MINI Cooper but it is a different size. My question to you is Have any of you installed a Tornado Fuel Saver in your MINI Cooper? (it is not compatible with the S model because of the different intake system) And did you notice a big increase in horsepower or fuel economy?

Old 12-21-2003, 09:28 AM
apexer
6th Gear
I guess it is good that you were satisfied with your tornado as, I have seen a number of studies that showed the Tornado Fuel Saver was of no value in hp gains or fuel savings.

A friend had one in his Chev. pick-up and recorded his milege for a couple of months without any increase in mpg. He took it off and sold it. Still got the same mpg for next couple of weeks then, quit recording the milege.

Old 12-21-2003, 05:22 PM
mcclint
1st Gear
>>I guess it is good that you were satisfied with your tornado as, I have seen a number of studies that showed the Tornado Fuel Saver was of no value in hp gains or fuel savings.
>>
>>A friend had one in his Chev. pick-up and recorded his milege for a couple of months without any increase in mpg. He took it off and sold it. Still got the same mpg for next couple of weeks then, quit recording the milege.

I have heard the same thing but in my Jetta it worked as advertized. The horsepower went up substantially and the gas mileage only went up a little bit, but every little bit helps. I guess it depends on the engine. That's why I ask if anyone has put one in their MINI to see if it does work in that engine.

Old 12-23-2003, 05:21 PM
andy@ross-tech.com
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
What evidence do you have to suggest that the Tornado made your horsepower go up "substantially"? Was your Jetta a 2.0 or VR6?

Old 12-27-2003, 11:54 AM
mcclint
1st Gear
>>What evidence do you have to suggest that the Tornado made your horsepower go up "substantially"? Was your Jetta a 2.0 or VR6?

My Jetta was a 1995 2.0L 4 cyl automatic and after I installed the Tornado, I could actually feel myself pushed back into my seat when I steped on the gas. Before the tornado, no matter how quickly I stepped on the gas I never really felt the power. ALSO, after installing it, I could actually squeal my tires when stepping on the gas! I could never do that before... and no my tires weren't bald and the roads weren't slick. My gas mileage probably increased about 4 - 5 mpg on the highway. every little bit helped.

I would have loved to get the MINI Cooper S to have that extra horsepower from the factory but it was a bit out of my price range, but if I can get even a little extra HP by spending 70 bucks, I'm all for it.

Old 12-28-2003, 06:33 PM
Red
6th Gear
Someone else once told me that they noticed a positive difference with this device.

Basically, if you want to believe it, it's true!

But you do have to wonder why such an inexpensive device is not OEM on ANY car?

Regards,
Red

Old 12-28-2003, 06:38 PM
erikgil
2nd Gear
Tornado Fuel Saver = Snake OIL

I got bridges and swamp land for sale.

And if you don't want that, unobtanium bonnet's for the MCS and MC are going for $4.95-USD and free shipping.

Old 01-02-2004, 11:02 AM
Red
6th Gear
>>Tornado Fuel Saver = Snake OIL
>>
>>I got bridges and swamp land for sale.
>>
>>And if you don't want that, unobtanium bonnet's for the MCS and MC are going for $4.95-USD and free shipping.
>>
>>

I guess I was trying to be diplomatic, but I sure appreciate you telling it like it is!

Now about those bonnets...........

Regards,
Red