Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Driver Side Window will not close

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 08:31 AM
DarrenPeterson
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Driver Side Window will not close

This is already covered in detail here. I discovered after I posted. I want to delete this post, but can't seem to do that.

This is a variant of the "dipper" problem, I suspect... On a 2008 MCS the driver window will not close. On rolling up, when it hits the top, it "bounces" back and stops itself at half way up. If I fiddle with it, I can get it to go all the way up. But its only a one-time temporary fix. Alson, no dipper function on door open, door close. And on the next roll down, the problem resumes.

I have tried the typical dipper fixes to no avail (engine on, door open... up hold 10s down hold 10s (60s/60s also tried)). Even with the door open it "bounces" down to half-way when it hits the top.

Anyone else seen this? Any thoughts or suggestions?

Last edited by DarrenPeterson; 01-09-2011 at 09:32 AM. Reason: added info & punctuation.
Old 02-06-2011, 01:05 PM
Eoff
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by DarrenPeterson
This is already covered in detail here. I discovered after I posted. I want to delete this post, but can't seem to do that.

This is a variant of the "dipper" problem, I suspect... On a 2008 MCS the driver window will not close. On rolling up, when it hits the top, it "bounces" back and stops itself at half way up. If I fiddle with it, I can get it to go all the way up. But its only a one-time temporary fix. Alson, no dipper function on door open, door close. And on the next roll down, the problem resumes.

I have tried the typical dipper fixes to no avail (engine on, door open... up hold 10s down hold 10s (60s/60s also tried)). Even with the door open it "bounces" down to half-way when it hits the top.

Anyone else seen this? Any thoughts or suggestions?
Same problem just started for me today. Taking it to the dealer tomorrow morning.

Old 02-07-2011, 09:13 AM
DarrenPeterson
Neutral
The Fix is out there...

Guess I should say that this problem is now resolved by a visit to the dealer. This was problematic when the problem was new and the dealers were in denial... But now it is a known issue and is covered by warranty, easily.

The dealer maint. mgr. just gave me a knowing nod when I described the problem... it was fixed later that afternoon.