Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

Windows going down, 1 blink instead of 3X

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 11:34 AM
paeikre
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Windows going down, 1 blink instead of 3X

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif'][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']My 2009 has several issues, have a visit with the dealer on Saturday. I notice the thread on the windows going down half way, I have that issue. Wake up to find my windows down in the garage or in some parking lot. As a test I keep the key fob on my desk away from any concerns from pushing the buttons, still happens. My three blink sometimes only blinks once, the BC show 3X. I had both doors unlock and the windows wind down half way from pushing the unlock button quickly once. I have used either remote with the same problems.[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][FONT=Calibri]Anyone else had these problems and received a fix from the dealer? Now my car is behaving normally with the dealer visit two days away. [/FONT][/FONT][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif'][/FONT]
[/FONT]

Old 03-03-2011, 05:49 PM
klricks
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
For the 3x vs 1x blinker setting. Are both remotes programmed the same?
You must always unlock the doors using the remote that you have programmed with YOUR settings. If you don't press the unlock button on the remote then it uses the settings of the other remote.
I have comfort access though and not sure if the non CA systems have the same flaw.

Old 03-04-2011, 07:47 AM
paeikre
Neutral
Originally Posted by klricks
For the 3x vs 1x blinker setting. Are both remotes programmed the same?
You must always unlock the doors using the remote that you have programmed with YOUR settings. If you don't press the unlock button on the remote then it uses the settings of the other remote.
I have comfort access though and not sure if the non CA systems have the same flaw.
I have used the same key since November and when I started to use the different key in November I had to reprogram the settings i.e. 3X blink at that time. The 3X blink is random and it can work on the way to work and 10 hours later(car is off) on the way home it blinks 1X, I check the body computer at a red light and see that it set to 3X. The computer has it programed at 3X, but will not follow it's own settings. Strange stuff.

Old 03-04-2011, 08:08 AM
strobeyprobey
6th Gear
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Windows rolling down on their own is from moisture in the door wiring harness.

And my car forgot it's key setting again this morning just like yours, 1x blink instead of the 3x blink lane change (I always know it is goofed up because my temp is set to 80 every time it forgets)..SUPER annoying.

Old 03-05-2011, 11:15 AM
paeikre
Neutral
Fix from the Dealer

Originally Posted by paeikre
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif'][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']My 2009 has several issues, have a visit with the dealer on Saturday. I notice the thread on the windows going down half way, I have that issue. Wake up to find my windows down in the garage or in some parking lot. As a test I keep the key fob on my desk away from any concerns from pushing the buttons, still happens. My three blink sometimes only blinks once, the BC show 3X. I had both doors unlock and the windows wind down half way from pushing the unlock button quickly once. I have used either remote with the same problems.[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][FONT=Calibri]Anyone else had these problems and received a fix from the dealer? Now my car is behaving normally with the dealer visit two days away. [/FONT][/FONT][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif'][/FONT]
[/FONT]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brought the car in today 3/5/11, here what they fixed for the window problem: Drivers door lock actuator faulty / Hall sensor diag. Additional testing found the Hall sensor is defective DiageCode:D5126_00000000_31_001 Removed door panel, removed glass and door carrier to gain access to lock actuator. Adjusted glass to body of vehicle. The 3X blink problem was found okay, recommeded me to rotate between both keys and see if it happens again.