Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

Fault Codes 2DCC, 2880 and 2D52 ???

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 04:31 AM
tominizer
4th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Fault Codes 2DCC, 2880 and 2D52 ???

Anyone help me out with what these are??

I took my '08 Clubman S in because she's not idling properly (hunting) and I'm intermittently getting the check engine light. It also very rarely gets the slipping feeling for a brief second. They scanned the vehicle for fault codes and found faults for the fuel system. As per the BMW repair manual for donkeys and apes, they needed to reset the adaptations. Basically as I understand it, everything the car knows about my driving was erased and set back to factory fresh to FIX this issue. WTF ?!!?

Anyways........... $10 to guess what happened !!! I left the dealership and she STILL DOESN'T IDLE PROPERLY. OMG !! Like what a surprise. I'm so stunned that the dealership actually did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to fix this issue. Anyways, the service guy I deal with is back from holidays next week and I'm going to talk to him. He actually seems to know something about these cars and their issues. He's been really good to deal with, so likely he'll be quiting soon.

On another note.............

To be honest guys, all this talk about the HPFP failures, the cam gear falling off, the clutches failing, etc ............. really has me worried about this car. I luv this car but it seems that every time I drive it lately, I'm on pins and needles about it leaving me stranded somewhere. And when you have a family with you, that's just not acceptable to be putting them in that situation. I'm really disappointed.

Old 03-04-2011, 04:53 AM
Sacred Disorder
3rd Gear
Just a thought. You are on an online forum. The ratio of people who post good things about their cars and the people who come here to look for help with a problem is pretty uneven. Anytime you come on a forum you will see more nagative than positive.

As for the dealership problem. A friend of mine just took his 2011 convertible in with 1000 miles on because the top wont close. We were in Zurich Switzerland when it got stuck down, and had to manually close it. The dealer has to run through a specific checklist so that they get paid for the repairs. Dosn't help with the frustration but just some behind the scenes reasoning.

Old 03-04-2011, 05:26 AM
tominizer
4th Gear
Yes, I've been on car forums and with car group for over two decades and clearly understand the amount of bitching and whining that goes on. It's very true that you're more likely to hear about the bad then the good. So what. Problems are problems. The problem(s) with these Mini's is not excusable in my mind, even though this issue with the DI and HPFP is wide spread amongst a lot of manufacturers. Still. There was nothing wrong with my money when I paid them. It's not like 10% of the funds were not usable or tied up until I fixed them !!!

Just clearing the fault codes for the fuel system to me sounds a bit odd. Although I am asking above if anyone actually knows what these codes specifically are so I can be more knowledgable on the situation. But then throw on top of that the symptoms happening again within minutes of leaving the dealership leaves a lot on the table with regards to what's happening at Mini. It's an inconvenience to always be going back again and again for these same issues.

Yeah, maybe it's not the techs who have to follow a set procedure because that's how MINI/BMW have told them to do their job. But as a customer I'm not particularly impressed then with their dedication to quality assurance. And yes I know that if I don't like it, I can go elsewhere. But the issue is this. I own the Mini now and outside of the problems I like it. But I am not happy about running to the dealership all the time with these issues. So I'm thinking armed with some knowledge, maybe I can pressure Mini to provide the RIGHT fix so I can move on and get back to HAPPY MOTORING. Is that too much to ask ?!?!??!!??

Old 03-04-2011, 06:41 AM
schatzy62
OVERDRIVE
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
tomminizer,

Sorry to hear of your problems. I was at one time getting similar codes to what you are getting and they are NOT listed in any list of "true MINI codes".

Read the thread listed below, If it does not help you find the problem at least it is a funny read. But hoepfully it gives you some insight on what might be wrong.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...-be-wrong.html

I would check all the air hoses, vacuum lines, etc. If one is clogged or open then it can cause these kinds of problems.

Old 03-04-2011, 08:37 AM
tominizer
4th Gear
Now that's one one of the best stories I've read in a LONG time

Old 03-06-2011, 11:27 AM
sekhmet101
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by schatzy62
tomminizer,

Sorry to hear of your problems. I was at one time getting similar codes to what you are getting and they are NOT listed in any list of "true MINI codes".

Read the thread listed below, If it does not help you find the problem at least it is a funny read. But hoepfully it gives you some insight on what might be wrong.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...-be-wrong.html

I would check all the air hoses, vacuum lines, etc. If one is clogged or open then it can cause these kinds of problems.
Ever since reading this, I look at squirrels in a very different way. There are lots of them where I live and every time they're near my car I raise an eyebrow and wonder...

Old 03-07-2011, 04:31 AM
tominizer
4th Gear
Well, this could be embarrassing. (I actually hope so as it may resolve the problem). The whole squirrel story thing kind of motivated me to do a piece of maintenance on the mini that's been sitting now overdue for MANY many months. I changed the air filter and it was in nasty shape. I'm actually very good and keeping up my maintenance but this time I slipped up and kept putting it off.

Anyways, this is not to say it's solved the problem, but so far no idle issues *knock on wood*. I'm going to keep an eye on it all and report back later this week if this stuff jumps up again to bite me again. So stay tuned