Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

Alarmed after purchase of CPO 2007mcs

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2011 | 09:08 AM
str8evl
|
Neutral
Alarmed after purchase of CPO 2007mcs

So I purchased my 2007 Mini Cooper S on March 21st. The valve cover gasket blew second day. This past tuesday Vanos Selenoid failed and was informed that the flywheel was defective, after smelling something burning, and they told me it was the dressing they put on the motor after detail. The steering pops when its cold and the a/c surges.

Not to mention this is a CPO car with only 40k miles.

Sorry guys just had to vent.

I was told that the car will be in their hands for the next few days. I was told on Saturday that I would have a loaner, they never called me to tell me to come get it.

Needless to say, love mini's but.......this is an absolute nightmare.

Last edited by str8evl; 04-11-2011 at 09:09 AM. Reason: type in title
Old 04-11-2011 | 09:17 AM
chakraj
5th Gear
Just look at it like this; You are getting all of the gremlins out now. Smooth sailing from then on

Old 04-11-2011 | 09:40 AM
dannyhavok
6th Gear
Count your blessings it's CPO and they will take care of everything! Better to find out now than a few years down the road. Should be all good once they are done.

Old 04-11-2011 | 11:05 AM
MINIdave
6th Gear
Don't be afraid to call your dealer and talk to them, if they said you'd have a loaner, and you didn't get a call - call them! Some dealers are very proactive, some need a gentle nudge from time to time. It's your car, you are entitled to ask questions of them and get answers.....just be polite - I know I respond better to quiet and calm than screaming and red-faced.....

I take it you're concerned that these things weren't caught beofre you took delivery or before they even sold it. I have no answer for that, except one most dealers don't want to admit.

On a lot of repairs if they fix it before the sale, they pay for it, after the sale it's a warranty matter under the CPO, although I don't see anything here that wouldn't be covered under warranty anyway.....

Like Danny says, once they're done with it, you're good to go!

Old 04-11-2011 | 11:07 AM
str8evl
|
Neutral
I'm never . just upset.

Old 04-11-2011 | 11:52 AM
11cooperS
2nd Gear
Take a look at the CPO paperwork... I bought a CPO X3 last year and the paper work was left blank in the areas that I had trouble (NAV, squeeking brake pads which were completely worn down, alignment). When I showed them the paperwork the guy who signed his name was in the hot seat and I was treated great!

Old 04-11-2011 | 12:01 PM
maxmini
6th Gear
I would keep a close eye on everything from this point on. It seems as if the former owner was a bit of a fortune teller as he was in line for some serious issues. Good luck .

Old 04-11-2011 | 12:08 PM
thevelourfog
5th Gear
Supposedly the MINI CPO program is fairly rigorous, so it's surprising that you've had so many problems. At least you'll be getting some new parts out of it and hopefully a more problem free experience from this point on! Well, at least it shouldn't be as problematic as it is now.

Old 04-11-2011 | 10:38 PM
irishpunk
3rd Gear
Crap!

Use the search function - Prince engine is piece of crap - since it is a design problem - problems will repeat as there is no "fix" :)

I just made a choice to hold onto my 2007 - with another 4 yrs./50k ext. warranty (Royal 66 through Credit Union - manager stated he will back me up if problems - and there wil be:)

As long as you enjoy frequent trips to dealer to test late model MINI loaners, you will enjoy your "supercar" (incredible performance/economy in one perfect package:)

Ignore delusional comments "you will be fine" (they forgot to take their meds:)

Old 04-12-2011 | 07:36 AM
thevelourfog
5th Gear
Haha, if my car is any indicator, we will all have a lot of problems!

I think the late model loaner thing may be a little misleading, if only because my dealer seems to only have earlier model loaners with high miles which are in really short supply. I've gotten the same stripped out loaner like 3 times in a row, which I've had for the entire month so far as well as nearly 2 weeks last month. At least it's better than the Kia rental cars they normally give out!

Originally Posted by irishpunk
Use the search function - Prince engine is piece of crap - since it is a design problem - problems will repeat as there is no "fix"

I just made a choice to hold onto my 2007 - with another 4 yrs./50k ext. warranty (Royal 66 through Credit Union - manager stated he will back me up if problems - and there wil be

As long as you enjoy frequent trips to dealer to test late model MINI loaners, you will enjoy your "supercar" (incredible performance/economy in one perfect package

Ignore delusional comments "you will be fine" (they forgot to take their meds

Old 04-12-2011 | 08:21 PM
Headlands
4th Gear
Originally Posted by irishpunk
Use the search function - Prince engine is piece of crap - since it is a design problem - problems will repeat as there is no "fix"

I just made a choice to hold onto my 2007 - with another 4 yrs./50k ext. warranty (Royal 66 through Credit Union - manager stated he will back me up if problems - and there wil be

As long as you enjoy frequent trips to dealer to test late model MINI loaners, you will enjoy your "supercar" (incredible performance/economy in one perfect package

Ignore delusional comments "you will be fine" (they forgot to take their meds

I appreciate the shot of realism here -- well done.