Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

Sticking Clutch Pedal?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 09:13 AM
NJ Mini
6th Gear
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Sticking Clutch Pedal?

Ok, I'm not sure exactly how to describe this problem and I'm not sure how bad it is, so I'm looking for any input/advice everyone can provide.

Over the past few days I've noticed my 2010 MCS (9 months old/6500 miles) has had a strange issue with the clutch pedal; when it's depressed about 3/4 of the to the floor, I just a slight clicking sound and sticking. It's not like it's stuck and not allowing me to change gears, but it's intermittent and just odd. The car was delivered with a faulty flywheel and has already had a flywheel and clutch replacement performed around 1,500 miles. I haven't taken her to any HPDE's yet and I don't ride the clutch. Any ideas what this could be? I'm looking to try and point the dealer in the right direction when they have a look.

As an added bonus, my passenger side window is also making the dreaded squeak!

Old 05-06-2011, 11:18 AM
rjb
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NJ Mini
Ok, I'm not sure exactly how to describe this problem and I'm not sure how bad it is, so I'm looking for any input/advice everyone can provide.

Over the past few days I've noticed my 2010 MCS (9 months old/6500 miles) has had a strange issue with the clutch pedal; when it's depressed about 3/4 of the to the floor, I just a slight clicking sound and sticking. It's not like it's stuck and not allowing me to change gears, but it's intermittent and just odd. The car was delivered with a faulty flywheel and has already had a flywheel and clutch replacement performed around 1,500 miles. I haven't taken her to any HPDE's yet and I don't ride the clutch. Any ideas what this could be? I'm looking to try and point the dealer in the right direction when they have a look.

As an added bonus, my passenger side window is also making the dreaded squeak!
Had the exact same issue with mine. Thought maybe the clutch pedal bushings were shot, (slight "detent" feel, about 3/4 way down). Took to the dealer and turned out i just needed lubricated. That was 2 years ago and problem hasn't resurfaced.

Old 05-13-2011, 01:26 PM
R56tastic
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm having the exact same issue with my 2010 MCS... I'll probably be taking it to the dealer to get fixed soon. I keep thinking that I have gum on the bottom of my shoe and I've even tried washing the pedal cover to make it stop... only to find out it has nothing to do with the cover. haha. Thanks RJB for the info and NJ for bringing it up.