Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

Dead Battery

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 04:16 PM
zsqure
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dead Battery

Couple weeks ago the mini was difficult to start. After two or three starts it would act like it was dead and do absolutely nothing when the pushbutton was pressed. Charged it overnight and took it to the dealer after school~~5pm.
Left it overnight for repair, when dealer went to move it, it was dead and had to get battery booster to move it inside. Dealer called the next day, said the car was done. Just a low battery that needed charged, they also did some scheduled maintenance. Arrived at the dealer on Saturday, they brought it around, we started it and parked it on the front line while we drove a countryman and clubman. Went to go home in our fixed mini and dead battery. NO KIDDING! JUST NEEDED A CHARGE! They gave me a loaner (automatic justacooper) which was a blast to drive. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday goes by and no solution yet. Get a call on Thursday, it's done. They replaced the drivers door handle, apparently it was faulty and it was not letting the car go to sleep, replaced the battery with a larger model and replaced the mirror switch because "it did not feel right" it was floppy instead of springy to the neutral position. Thank You Classic MINI for fixing my MINI. A week later it is doing fine. Now I think the real cause of the problem might be the auto body shop who dismantled the drivers' side door to paint it after someone keyed it. They did a poor job by the way, that's another issue altogether. DON'T take any car to a certain body shop on Whipple Ave named Custom Autobody. THATS THE STORY OF MY DEAD BATTERY.