Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Mini Servicing in Vancouver. Does this sound reasonable?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 06:30 PM
jason.pc
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mini Servicing in Vancouver. Does this sound reasonable?

Hey guys,

As posted in one of my previous threads, my upper engine mount is gone and my clutch is going. So I took the opportunity to purchase the valeo clutch and flywheel kit, the TSW upper engine mount, lower engine mount and powerflex bushing inserts for the gearbox and lower engine mount.

The two dealer service shops I visited quoted me about 1500 to do the installation with the lower control arm bushings replaced with OEM units.

Does this sound about right or should they be doing better? Also, for those of you who live within Vancouver, do you guys have any suggestions for non-dealer shops I can go to? I've ask vancouver mini cooper club forums but all they ever suggests are the dealers.

I also have authorization for a rear end incident from the insurance that I'm considering to use as a bargaining chip to bring the cost down. Ideas?

Thanks in advance guy, any input would be great!

Jason