Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

opinions

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2011 | 09:18 PM
Jaimuncho
|
1st Gear
opinions

hello!
i have a mini JCW '11 with just 2750 miles
a couple weeks a go start with a noise in the right front end, specially when you finish the break or when you drive over bumps, it like a "clack" or knocking sound.

i live 160 miles from the official service here in chile so it's a bit difficult go to ask just for one noise but i made some time and i went there

i left in the service and a couple hours later the service guy call me telling was a problem with the shock absorber, it's dead. i tell him, how this is possible in a new car?? he didn't said nothing coherent, well at that time the didn't have the shock in stock so i came back next week and a couple hours later the guy call me again and say "mr bascunan, they wasn't the shock absorber, the problem are the engine lower mounts (i really don't know how tell in english) but for change those we need more time" i left the car and come back to my city by bus

he tell me that's under the warranty and has no cost for me but the real problem is, i'm with a lot of ephor i bought a new car, not cheap, with all the support of bmw and all the brand quality, german engineering and bla bla bla to fail in less than 2 months??

now the car are in service and i have to pick it up in 2 days, what do you recommend to do?

Old 06-21-2011 | 05:50 AM
Ords
6th Gear
Let them fix the vehicle, but remind them that you live 160 miles from the dealer and that you'd like a loaner vehicle while your car is in the shop for repairs. Hopefully they can do this.

Parts can and do fail. I've taken mine in twice now on minor issues. (I have an '11 JCW too) Yes, it's annoying but having come from MINI before I expect this.

What to do, educate yourself about the MINI as much as you can. Read the forums so you can see what issues people are having with it, what quirks this car has and such.

Old 06-21-2011 | 03:19 PM
Benibiker
6th Gear
Be glad it's still under warranty, won't cost you a dime just your time. I had the same problem although in my case they just had to retighten them, they had come loose. It's unfortunate you live so far from Mini but I'm sure once they fix your problem you'll be fine the rest of the time.

Old 06-22-2011 | 12:28 PM
MINI11
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Jaimuncho
he tell me that's under the warranty and has no cost for me but the real problem is, i'm with a lot of ephor i bought a new car, not cheap, with all the support of bmw and all the brand quality, german engineering and bla bla bla to fail in less than 2 months??
Man I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. I was thinking the exact thing you said above as I sat at the dealership yesterday not getting any work done at home for 4 hours waiting on them to replace a thermostat and temp sensor in my 3 month old car with 2900 miles on it. A salesman came over to introduce some new MINI buyers to the service clerk, and I was biting my tongue thinking "you'd better remember that guys name and put him on speed dial" lol.

On the upside at least its being covered under warranty.

Old 06-23-2011 | 03:46 PM
Headlands
4th Gear
Uh oh. I've had this problem for over a year and no one can fix it. They've/I've replaced the engine mounts, shocks, etc.

Old 06-27-2011 | 10:19 AM
Jaimuncho
|
1st Gear
weel, finally they didn't the engine mounts, it was a ball joint in the right lower arm
anyway they give me a lot of apologies and a pencil jajaja

on the other side, meanwhile we are waiting with my father, he like the countryman :D

thanks for the support
cheers
Jaime