Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Headlights staying on.

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 06:44 AM
TBgator85
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Headlights staying on.

Hey all,

Maybe you can shed alittle light on this issue.

I had just gotten my Mini back from service and my headlights/running lights are now staying on full time when my car is on. I cannot turn them off no matter what I do.

Now I KNOW for a fact that this was never a problem before, however, when I called the service manager to discuss this issue today, he claims that the Mini should have automatic lights and that it is normal...

I know I've never seen any other Mini driving out in broad daylight with their headlights on.

He was going to check with the tech team in the meantime.... any ideas?

Old 06-23-2011, 06:54 AM
hexon
2nd Gear
They must have reset your car's computer. Daytime running lights are an option that can be turned on or off from within your car's electronic system. However, you have to go to a competent shop or the dealer to get them to access the features. There are a few other options that can be changed as well, such as the lights and windows.

Old 06-23-2011, 09:57 AM
macboyx
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by TBgator85
Hey all,

Maybe you can shed alittle light on this issue.

I had just gotten my Mini back from service and my headlights/running lights are now staying on full time when my car is on. I cannot turn them off no matter what I do.

Now I KNOW for a fact that this was never a problem before, however, when I called the service manager to discuss this issue today, he claims that the Mini should have automatic lights and that it is normal...

I know I've never seen any other Mini driving out in broad daylight with their headlights on.

He was going to check with the tech team in the meantime.... any ideas?
Sounds like your day time running lamps got turned on. Take a look in the manual, you can turn that off via the car's computer, thru a series of button pushes using the turn signal stalk. It's detailed in the manual.

Old 06-23-2011, 10:54 AM
TBgator85
1st Gear
Originally Posted by macboyx
Sounds like your day time running lamps got turned on. Take a look in the manual, you can turn that off via the car's computer, thru a series of button pushes using the turn signal stalk. It's detailed in the manual.
Thank you, I will go ahead and take a look into that and let you know!

Worked perfectly... i remember them showing me this when I got my car and completely forgot about it!
Ill enjoy playing around in there now haha.

Thanks again!

Last edited by TBgator85; 06-23-2011 at 11:10 AM.