Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

tire pressure sensor

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2002, 06:21 AM
laboyy
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anyone ever experience with the tire pressure sensor light? Last week, one of my front tire was low on air and the tire pressure sensor came on. I though I had a flat but after I pull over and check all of the tires. No flat was found, maybe I just needed some air. After I had put in some air in the two front tires and try to reset the senor. It just don't want to reset at all. I though I have to make an appointment at this horrible Dealer at Assael MINI in Monrovia. Lucky me after driving home the senor light just go off by itself. Anyone out there ecperience the same thing?

Old 10-12-2002, 06:24 AM
laboyy
1st Gear
>>Has anyone ever experience with the tire pressure sensor light? Last week, one of my front tire was low on air and the tire pressure sensor came on. I though I had a flat but after I pull over and check all of the tires. No flat was found, maybe I just needed some air. After I had put in some air in the two front tires and try to reset the senor. It just don't want to reset at all. I though I have to make an appointment at this horrible Dealer at Assael MINI in Monrovia. Lucky me after driving home the senor light just go off by itself. Anyone out there ecperience the same thing?

PS. I also ecperiencing the same thing with my (DSC) not turning off after I had added some air on my front tires.

Old 11-04-2002, 04:40 AM
Turbo_Pumpkin
Neutral
I lowered my girlfriends mini on friday night and when we were out driving that night her light came on too. We got out and checked the tire pressure in all of the tires and they all were around 30PSI so she turned the light back off and it has not come back on since. Everything seems fine. We happened to be on the phone with one of the guys from mini madness and he said that it can come on if you spin tires. We hadn't done that, but the best I can figure it must have a sensor to tell whenthe car's "off balance" if you will. Could just be a fluke. Happy motoring!