Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Fuse F5, no power - some dash lights, indicators not working..others work fine.

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 01:05 PM
HRM
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Fuse F5, no power - some dash lights, indicators not working..others work fine.

Wife's 03 mini had a dead battery. Swapped in one I had due to bad diagnosis last year of my clutch switch.

Car started, no problems, but now turn signal indicators don't work, nor trunk open light and probably other idiot lights.

I tested all fuses and found F5 has no power. I understand it gets power from immobilizer unit.

I'm just wondering if anyone had thoughts on this.

Car starts fine, 14.5 v at battery and main terminal under hood while running. While disconnecting the battery my crap/****** swivel ratchet shorted battery positive to body negative with respectable spark (but not really much).

Car drives OK.

One thread mentioned F5 powered by immobilizer, another similar problem was fixed by replacing IKM (inst. cluster module)
Car started the next day no issues.

All fuses check OK except F5 which has no power. F5 is instument cluster in book. Fuse is good, no power at either side of fuse, running or off.

Speedo and Tach work, door locks work inside and with key fob.

Radio shows DISABLED as if it can't talk to computer (or so I heard)

Wondering where to start...

also is the BC under the pass side kick panel? Might look under there. Worst case I take it to my buddy the mini tech and he diagnoses it on the mini computer. I am figuring this is what will be needed, but if I can make progress before Thursday, I can drive my car instead of the wifes. Until then I am riding stock.

Old 06-08-2020, 12:56 PM
HRM
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
update for the future...I was just imed about this..

It was fixed after a mini tech spent hours on it and found the factory10 disc CD changer I had installed years ago, and which had worked fine for years, had somehow caused this issue because it was not originally outfitted in the car. He disconnected the CD changer and that was the end of the issue. It was a min cd changer.

Old 06-10-2020, 08:27 AM
Eric_Rowland
OVERDRIVE
Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts
That's bizarre. Thanks for the follow up.