Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

Help me find Diverter Valve

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 07:38 AM
Thruxton
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help me find Diverter Valve

Hey guys,

I've done quite a bit of searching, but with such a broad term as "Diverter Valve" its quite difficult to find what im looking for.

I have a used 07 Mini Cooper S, Auto, that the previous owner put a universal Perrin blow off valve on it. I think its the cause of some of my drivibility problems and i'd like to see about returning this to stock.

A - can I see a pic of the stock intake/bov (or diverter) setup so I can see what I need to do to get back to stock.

B - Does anybody have a quick write up on location and how to remove/ check the diaphragm of the diverter valve? I'm losing boost under hard accel and I think i might have a rip. I have no idea where to find the DV on this little motor, LOL.

Thanks guys. BTW I put in an email to find out about the Helix BOV setup, seems like it might be a good option if i'm about to start changing things under the hood. Opinions?

Thanks again
Thrux

Old 11-29-2011, 11:36 AM
bluefox280
6th Gear
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Thruxton
I have a used 07 Mini Cooper S, Auto, that the previous owner put a universal Perrin blow off valve on it.
Where is the current blow-off valve (BOV) installed?

A - can I see a pic of the stock intake/bov (or diverter) setup so I can see what I need to do to get back to stock.
The OEM diverter valve sits right next to the turbocharger inlet, underneath the vacuum pump.

(* NOTE: the polished bolted on unit with the vacuum line hose is an example of a Forge Motorsport diverter valve installed)

B - Does anybody have a quick write up on location and how to remove/ check the diaphragm of the diverter valve? I'm losing boost under hard accel and I think i might have a rip.
If there was a significant loss a pressure, the ECU would have a fault code referring to the differentiation of pressure between turbo and intake.
Scan the ECU with a Bavarian Tech scanner to see exactly what's going on.

Otherwise removal of the DV is simple, and visual inspection is easy to determine failure or not.

- Erik

Old 11-29-2011, 06:55 PM
Thruxton
2nd Gear
working on hosting pics some where to show you.

Old 11-29-2011, 07:50 PM
Thruxton
2nd Gear
Old 11-29-2011, 07:54 PM
Thruxton
2nd Gear
well the last pic is upside down. But the BOV is hooked into the left most large hose (sorry i sound like a tard, i haven't memorized the mini's plumbing yet) under the hood. venting to atmosphere from that top spout...

Old 11-30-2011, 02:55 PM
bluefox280
6th Gear
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Yeah, that's the Mini "noise maker" pipe (the charged pipe that creates sound in the cabin for acoustic effect) that the BOV is attached to.
You'll need to cap off or replace the tube assembly when you remove the BOV from the system.

- Erik