Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Integrated Garage Door Control Stop Functioning

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 06:02 PM
Coop3DW
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Integrated Garage Door Control Stop Functioning

Hi Everyone,

I have an 05' Mini S and all of a sudden my integrated garage door opener stopped working. No lights or anything when you press the buttons. I believe that it's a HomeLink unit and it came with the car when I purchased it new in 05.

I looked at the fuses but could not tell for sure which one it was tied to ...but all the fuses seem to be good from what I can tell without pulling each one out.

I guess my first questions is...Does anyone know what fuse the opener goes through?

Second question ...Is there anything else I should check that might cause this?

I did call the dealership that I purchased it through but all they would tell me was to bring it in and they would look at it. Seeing that the dealership is over 90 miles away I was hoping someone might have some suggestions I could try before resorting to a road trip.

Thanks!!

Old 02-02-2012, 06:33 PM
knarf444
Neutral
I'm not sure if there is a light on the one in the mini, but if you press a button and the light comes on or blinks it has power. You mit have to reprogram it. Just make sure the light on it lite first. My mini does not have this feature so I have added it.

Originally Posted by Coop3DW
Hi Everyone,

I have an 05' Mini S and all of a sudden my integrated garage door opener stopped working. No lights or anything when you press the buttons. I believe that it's a HomeLink unit and it came with the car when I purchased it new in 05.

I looked at the fuses but could not tell for sure which one it was tied to ...but all the fuses seem to be good from what I can tell without pulling each one out.

I guess my first questions is...Does anyone know what fuse the opener goes through?

Second question ...Is there anything else I should check that might cause this?

I did call the dealership that I purchased it through but all they would tell me was to bring it in and they would look at it. Seeing that the dealership is over 90 miles away I was hoping someone might have some suggestions I could try before resorting to a road trip.

Thanks!!

Old 02-02-2012, 06:43 PM
Coop3DW
Neutral
Unfortunately, I do not get any lights when I pressed the buttons so I thinks the issues might be power related.

Thanks though for the reply.

Old 02-02-2012, 09:37 PM
chaswyck
5th Gear
How do you know if the fuses are good without pulling them and looking at them?

Old 02-02-2012, 10:25 PM
rkw
OVERDRIVE
Received 121 Likes on 106 Posts
Originally Posted by Coop3DW
The wiring diagram shows a power line from fuse F35 to the rearview mirror. The exterior power mirrors also use F35, so if those still work then it's not the problem.

Old 02-03-2012, 03:45 AM
Coop3DW
Neutral
Thanks....I'll give that a try!

Old 02-08-2012, 09:22 AM
ClubmanS
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I also have the factory Homelink integration in the auto dimming rear view mirror of my R53 S from 2005. '05 was the first year the Homelink integration was offered as a factory installed option.No problems here yet (Knock on wood as I use it all the time) but these electronic components do have a tendency to quit on you with no advance notice.I have never quoted the cost of a replacement self dimming rear view mirror with the Homelink buttons, but I suspect is not cheap or even easy to source.