Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

4K+ worth of repairs! Need advice...

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 08:12 AM
GregO
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mini repair in fairfax, virginia

Moon,

I would give AutoScandia a look; I've not been there yet but will be visiting soon. They're in Herndon. There is also FunktionAuto in Sterling.

Greg

Originally Posted by MooN
Thanks for the replies guys, much appreciated.

Yes, the estimates are from a Mini dealer in my area. The dealership did say that if I get all the work done at one time, it would shave off about $900. I will definitely try seeking out an independent mechanic. I am in Fairfax, VA if anyone has good recommendations!

Besides the leaking power steering line, the other 3 are imperative to get my Mini running. From what I understand, the AC compressor is locking up causing the engine to stall out. The oil issue needs to be fixed asap since it's not a small leak... oil leaks HEAVILY. I'm not too sure about the water pump but since Eric says it's an immediate issue, I'll have to get it repaired. And yes, mine is a Cooper S.

Now I'm starting to worry that my supercharger is messed up as well!!! Aaarrggh!!! If it was damaged, wouldn't the dealership guys have caught it?

This car has been a major pain in the *** to maintain... It has leaked every fluid possible. A couple months ago it was leaking coolant which I had gotten fixed. Also was leaking freon. It's just insane.

Old 04-26-2012, 12:16 PM
MooN
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just a quick update...

I had taken the car to Mach V since they were the closest to me. Worked with Matt and he got my problems sorted. GREAT service from those guys and lots cheaper than the dealership! Thanks Mach V!!!

And thanks to everyone who responded... all your advices were spot on. AC compressor wasn't bad and I did not need to change oil pan gasket. Is it ok if I say F U to the Mini dealership? lol