Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

cc id 29 FIX half shaded engine sign/ code 2885

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2012 | 12:11 AM
chrono
|
Neutral
cc id 29 FIX half shaded engine sign/ code 2885

Ok my turbo keeps cutting out on me driving down the road and all of a sudden turbo cuts out no boost half shaded engine sign, cc id 29 on tech and code 2885 on my scanner boost pressure plausibility. Out of warranty and don't want to spend a fortune at a dealer. So this is for everyone else who is out of warranty and has small mechanical skills. Checked the vacuum at the turbo and no vac. Removed air filter housing, star bit 5 or 6 screws, removed intake mani fold 6 bolts on top and one underneath easy to reach from underneath well the hardest part of this you might get away with out removing the intake manifold I did it to take pictures and clean intake valves while I was at it. Changed 3 small rubber vacuum hoses they where shot very soft and 1 size bigger then they should be barley holding on to the plastic hoses, so under high vacuum i lost all vacuum. Another vacuum hose on top at the vanos L shaped and vary soft 80k on the clock and the vacuum hoses are wasted cmon. I guess i cant expect much from German cars . I will add pictures later when i figure out how lol.
PS Mini runs like a champ now no more unexpected turbo loss Name:  IMG_0965.jpg
Views: 6046
Size:  83.6 KB
Name:  IMG_0973.jpg
Views: 4856
Size:  73.1 KB
Name:  IMG_0972.jpg
Views: 5637
Size:  90.2 KB
Name:  IMG_0955.jpg
Views: 6436
Size:  148.4 KB

Last edited by chrono; 08-05-2012 at 02:10 PM.
Old 07-01-2020 | 05:47 PM
Robert Rancourt
Originally Posted by chrono
Ok my turbo keeps cutting out on me driving down the road and all of a sudden turbo cuts out no boost half shaded engine sign, cc id 29 on tech and code 2885 on my scanner boost pressure plausibility. Out of warranty and don't want to spend a fortune at a dealer. So this is for everyone else who is out of warranty and has small mechanical skills. Checked the vacuum at the turbo and no vac. Removed air filter housing, star bit 5 or 6 screws, removed intake mani fold 6 bolts on top and one underneath easy to reach from underneath well the hardest part of this you might get away with out removing the intake manifold I did it to take pictures and clean intake valves while I was at it. Changed 3 small rubber vacuum hoses they where shot very soft and 1 size bigger then they should be barley holding on to the plastic hoses, so under high vacuum i lost all vacuum. Another vacuum hose on top at the vanos L shaped and vary soft 80k on the clock and the vacuum hoses are wasted cmon. I guess i cant expect much from German cars . I will add pictures later when i figure out how lol.
PS Mini runs like a champ now no more unexpected turbo loss Attachment 171303
Attachment 171304
Attachment 171305
Attachment 171306
​​​​​My mini had those hoses off it has been running the half power engine as well and I replaced them all today I have not drove the car in a long time.due to this issue once I replaced them did it just work like normal or did u have to do some kind of reset my battery is dead so.it required a jump to get started figured that would clear out any lights but it did not and when I say it was dead as soon as I shut my car off it didn't have enough power to.allow my key to.eject. idk what to.do.at this point I had it repaired a while back had it walnut blasted since it was so bad that it would not start someone suggested that the cat converter could be clogged idk what to do I'm at a loss I just want my car to.work again. I was debating selling it it's an 09 mini Cooper s Astro metallic black I love the car and have not been able to.drive it in a few years. With a jump the car does start right up what could it be????

Old 07-03-2020 | 04:31 AM
Jay Bacon
2nd Gear
sounds like a toast battery, replace the battery. its not holding a charge anymore.