Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Need Window Help with 06 Cooper S convertible.

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 09:50 PM
JSmith1717
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Window Help with 06 Cooper S convertible.

Hi just picked me up a 06 Cooper S convertible and loving it so far, its got 62k miles on it and so far great, but oneissue i found. The right rear window sits about an inch higher and little bit foward at top causing the passenger door extra effort to open, didn't notice this till after i bought the car with the top done and windows up. Is there a way to adjust the window or is it going to need a new regulator or some kinda reprograming? Havn't gotten into it yet to find the issue but i did search and find the adjust ment for the front windows but not the rear for the convertibles. Please help if can, thanks.

Old 10-02-2012, 07:29 PM
TheMINIwhisperer
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hello Mr. Smith, glad to hear you are enjoying your new MINI Cooper! It has been a while since I have adjusted one of these lol, it took me a minute to think, but I got it. You have to remove the chrome strip (trim/seal for window on outside) and there is a MINI specialty tool you will need to adjust it. I have not really been able to find any tool that works besides the one MINI designed for it unfortunatley. Maybe someone in your area has one you can borrow, but they are a little tricky to use if you have no experience with them, and it will probably end with you taking it to the dealer to be honest. Try taking it to the place you bought it, and ask them to take care of it. If not, you will most likely pay the dealer 1 hour labor to fix/adjust it. Hope this helped. Good luck.

Old 10-02-2012, 08:17 PM
Fly'n Brick
6th Gear
Received 373 Likes on 314 Posts
No problem solver here but want to tell you what a great selection you made. Did you get a wind deflector with it? If not, keep an eye out for one on ebay but for a R52 only, the R57 model isn't quite right. You won't believe the difference one makes. Also you really need a light-in-sight prism from http://www.lightinsight.com/
You'll want to keep the top very clean so as not to cut the fabric with dust and grit as you raise and lower the top. Ragg Topp is about the best and also use the narrow wand on your shop vac to pick up dirt from the seams in the seat cushions so it doesn't cut into the stitching. A lot of dust will gather with the top down all the time.

Pictures would be nice. Topless motoring is motoring at it's best.

Old 10-02-2012, 08:36 PM
JSmith1717
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the reply, going to look into it soon, right now dont have the time to deal with the window but want to know what it will involve. I might just take it to mini and have them do it and service my ac, got the funky hot cold different sides of car today and read that could be the case.

I would ask the dealer i bought it from to fix it but now after i told them specifically when i bought it to check the tire pressure since the light was on and they just turned of the light as a fix, they will no longer touch the car. had LF 20 psi, LR 18, RF 42, RR 40. No wonder there was a slight pull to the left. You would think when you bought a car cash from them that they would kiss your *** but i guess not. Still awaiting the call back from them to get my seat repaired and the paint chips fixed.

But hopefully i will have some pics up this weekend after i get the VIP Quad light bar on with some Hella 500s on it. Is a Pepper White with black stripes.