Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

No Hazards & Fast Blinkers & Exterior Bulb Warning

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 01:21 PM
nellie_76
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No Hazards & Fast Blinkers & Exterior Bulb Warning

Here are my questions, and the details/situation follows:

1) Is there a fuse for the FRM (which I assume is the only possible fuse control from signals/hazards)?

2) Where do I find the hazard flasher if I needed to replace it?

3) How expensive/feasible is it to replace the FRM, if that is necessary?

4) Can anyone explain what the heck is wrong and how to fix it?!

THANKS!

I'm a new Mini owner - all of 48 hours! It's a 2007 MCS, all stock parts as far as I can tell. Had it home from the dealership for maybe 1 hour before the Exterior Bulb Warning light came on and my blinkers sped up.

Control Check Codes: 115, 116, 118 (so we replaced those bulbs) and checked all others (fogs, license plate, side signals, high beams, low beams). Everything seems in working order, but still the fast blinkers and still the warning light when we start the car.

I checked bundles of forums and posts and I feel like other people have had similar problems, but I couldn't find a definitive solution. One post said to see if the blinkers blink fast with the Hazard lights on and, lo and behold, NOTHING HAPPENS AT ALL! I have no hazards, just a sad little button that does nothing.

Can anyone help me shed some light? This Mini is my dream come true (I've been pining for years and finally have it) and I want to get it working right from the start. Thank you for your help!

Nellie

Old 08-26-2013, 01:19 PM
Moonman
1st Gear
I know this is an older posting but I am having an almost identical issue (all except the hazards, mine work fine). My turn signals are all operational but blink fast and the external bulb warning message displays at startup.

Did anyone ever get this figured out/fixed?

Old 08-27-2013, 08:14 PM
nellie_76
Neutral
After extensive tinkering with bulbs and fuses, and after living through my blinkers and hazards turning on and off whenever they felt like it, including when the car was OFF, I took it to Mini. It was the footwell module that had to be replaced - expensive - but fixed the prob on all fronts with no probs since then. hope this helps!

Originally Posted by Moonman
I know this is an older posting but I am having an almost identical issue (all except the hazards, mine work fine). My turn signals are all operational but blink fast and the external bulb warning message displays at startup.

Old 08-27-2013, 08:57 PM
nellie_76
Neutral
After extensive tinkering with bulbs and fuses, and after living through my blinkers and hazards turning on and off whenever they felt like it, including when the car was OFF, I took it to Mini. It was the footwell module that had to be replaced - expensive - but fixed the prob on all fronts with no probs since then. hope this helps!

Originally Posted by Moonman