Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

instruments ,light and locking issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 01:17 AM
m.c.s.
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
instruments ,light and locking issues

Hello everyone i am new here and i dont have a great english but here is what i experience..

Was on a country lane and i was at a moment looking at the rev counter ....just i dont know why but this was not working at all! I was thinking that my engine`s dead but i gaved it some gas and it was woorking.
Then i got on a parking spot and was curious what sgoing one with the rew counter.I went down to disconnect the battery brom the trunk and just before that i wanted to see if other issues and i try to lock the car...unfortunately this wasnt working also. Keept browsing and foundout the following : - on board lights are all off
-looks like dsc is off
-locking is off i cant lock with key and if i lock manualy the trunk ststill open
-all indicators when get key out of ign. are remain at car use level

I cant see more now but i am sure there are all messed up somehow, is a strange think that i never experienced at a car...
I spoke with someone and they toldme something about a error of the body modulle that makes all these things and he might be messed up
The rev counter doesnt come back even if i swtrich off the engine and on again ...it died once and so it stayed untill today!

any advice is helpfull for me guys!!!

Excuse my english!
David

Old 04-11-2013, 02:48 AM
ZippyNH
6th Gear
Received 35 Likes on 35 Posts
What year car?
Most likely the BCM...
Might want to check the right side (us pax side)footwell for moisture....
Sometimes a sunroof drain can get clogged or the tube for it unplugged, and water will run down the inside of the trim, getting the BCM WET on the way to the floor....
If this is the case you MIGHT be able to dry it out (and fix the water leak), and get it working OK.
Another question...check the battery lately? Sometimes a older battery, getting ready to fail sometimes contributes to some odd issues that go away when replaced. Some folks over suggest this as a fix, but worth looking into. While checking the battery, just make sure the the terminals are clean, and then check the Ground wire under the hood..it is connected to the engine mount.

Old 04-11-2013, 06:33 AM
m.c.s.
Neutral
Originally Posted by ZippyNH
What year car?
Most likely the BCM...
Might want to check the right side (us pax side)footwell for moisture....
Sometimes a sunroof drain can get clogged or the tube for it unplugged, and water will run down the inside of the trim, getting the BCM WET on the way to the floor....
If this is the case you MIGHT be able to dry it out (and fix the water leak), and get it working OK.
Another question...check the battery lately? Sometimes a older battery, getting ready to fail sometimes contributes to some odd issues that go away when replaced. Some folks over suggest this as a fix, but worth looking into. While checking the battery, just make sure the the terminals are clean, and then check the Ground wire under the hood..it is connected to the engine mount.
Hey, the car is a mini cooper s 2003 /06 i checked the lacefor water leak but i think it isnt that issue!
The battery is good it has a eye check and is green , also one year oldso it shouldnt go like that...
i really dont know what to do with this car i checked fuses and stuff and nothing s solving my issue with the rev counter and others:((((

Please if someone experienced some similar let me know what was the end ...
I also buyed a new speedometer and rev counter cause i seen in a link at a guy that had this issue that he have resolve it like this ...for me unfortunately didnt work like this:(

the car doesnt have a sunroof but i was checking electrical spots for water and was none of it , place looks dry

Last edited by m.c.s.; 04-11-2013 at 07:31 AM.
Old 04-13-2013, 10:02 AM
m.c.s.
Neutral
monday i will change engine harness sistem all and let the results here!