Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

eml light please help

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 04:05 PM
Kenpleickhardt
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
eml light please help

ok so i have 05 r53. i was replacing belt tensioner and the front large bolt that goes into supercharger broke. so i pulled sc and brought to machine shop at this time i replaced intake gasket, both sc gaskets, plug wires,knock sensor, waterpump and gaskets, and i put new oring on tb. i changed sc oil and topped off antifreeze

i just finished re assembling. and upon start up i noticed a rough idle like it was surging. when it surges a/f gauge goes from normal to superlean in sink with surges. so im guessing i have air leak. and now eml light is on on dash right below traction light. i cant find anyingthing in bently manual pertaining to this light. pretty sure all vacume lines are hooked up. i replaced breather tube from valve cover to sc, the little red clip broke i have new tube installed without red clip.intake is torqued to spec in correct order

so basically i am in need of help. any suggestions would be so helpful