Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Rusted rear quarter panels replaced - door jamb stickers gone?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 11:37 AM
Marquette MINI
2nd Gear
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Rusted rear quarter panels replaced - door jamb stickers gone?

About a month or two ago I had my 2006 MCS rear quarter panels replaced under warranty due to rust below the tail light area. This weekend I was giving the car a thorough cleaning and noticed that the stickers that were inside the driver side door jamb are now gone! I don't remember exactly what was there but it was three stickers if I recall correctly: One had some manufacturing info (VIN, date of manufacture, origin, etc.), one was a tire size and inflation sticker, and the third was a warning for inflation pressures up to certain speeds.

I know some of us have had similar replacements done on their MINIs. Has anyone else noticed if these stickers were either replaced or not? Should they have been? (Not sure if it is even possible to transfer them from the original panels.) Not that these are critical labels but I am not happy with the fact that they are gone.

Wondering if someone could snap and post a picture of exactly what these stickers were? I am thinking I might give the dealership a call just to ask and would like to describe what was on these stickers.

Old 04-29-2013, 12:05 PM
jasonsmf
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Same thing here.....along with a whole long list of poor work with the rust repair job. I did push my dealer on this, and finally they were able to have the VIN label reprinted.

Jason

Old 04-30-2013, 06:13 AM
Marquette MINI
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by jasonsmf
Same thing here.....along with a whole long list of poor work with the rust repair job. I did push my dealer on this, and finally they were able to have the VIN label reprinted.

Jason
Thanks Jason. Good to know that they can at least reprint the VIN label. Did you have the tire size/inflation info sticker also? Was that replaced?

Old 04-30-2013, 07:34 AM
jasonsmf
5th Gear
They did not replace the tire sticker, I was only able to get the VIN sticker.

Jason

Old 05-02-2013, 12:33 PM
Marquette MINI
2nd Gear
So I just spoke with my dealer, who did some checking and he reports that they cannot reprint the VIN sticker. He said MINI does not allow this since they don't want just anyone getting these unique VIN stickers. (He is however going to reorder me a new tire pressure sticker.) I mentioned that I read about another MINI owner on this forum who went through the same thing and was able to get the VIN label reprinted. He replied that that is not possible.

Jason, can you tell me who your dealer is? I'd like to have a reference if I can push my dealer to dig deeper into this.

Old 05-02-2013, 08:46 PM
jasonsmf
5th Gear
Mine was at Classic MINI in Ohio, from my understanding there was a notarized form required to get the reprint.

Jason

Old 05-03-2013, 10:19 AM
Marquette MINI
2nd Gear
Thanks. I just got off the phone with the parts manager at Classic MINI and he said yes, absolutely they can be reprinted. He said there are a number of hoops they need to jump through, signatures required at BWM corporate, and it should be the body shop that reorders it, they need a title, driver's license, etc. But it can be done! Guess I need to call my dealership back.

Thanks again for the info.