Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

02" AC Controller dead dash lights not working help

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2013, 11:27 PM
davidvizion
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02" AC Controller dead dash lights not working help

ok just got my power steering pump and fan replaced on Thursday and I have another problem please help. I been driving the mini every day sense I got the power steering done and today I don't work so I had to move the mini. The problem is that the AC Control will not come on its dead also my blinkers work but they don't blink on the dash, the sunroof was open a little bit and I tried to close it and nothing but tuning the car on and off and then it got some power and I closed it but later I tired to open it and no power also the dash lights will not come on. Some times the car takes awhile to start. Please help thanks

Old 07-14-2013, 05:50 AM
baznight
3rd Gear
Did it happen to rain while the sunroof was open?

Old 07-14-2013, 08:15 AM
ZippyNH
6th Gear
Received 35 Likes on 35 Posts
"Takes a while to start" .....
That and other electrical oddities sometimes means the battery is on the way out...
The car is after all... One big computer...so low voltage from a weak battery (from not driving or from simply a bad cell or old age) can cause issues....
Simplest thing...trade the battery with another car for a couple minutes...see if it cranks and other issues go away....a check with a voltmeter, etc can be done too...as could a battery load test.

Old 07-14-2013, 08:16 AM
davidvizion
Neutral
No it was closed I this stared to happen a day after the rain we had. Also just found a new problem the volume on the steering wheel won't work or to change the channels. On the radio itself works just not on the steering wheel

Old 07-14-2013, 08:18 AM
davidvizion
Neutral
Originally Posted by ZippyNH
"Takes a while to start" ..... That and other electrical oddities sometimes means the battery is on the way out... The car is after all... One big computer...so low voltage from a weak battery (from not driving or from simply a bad cell or old age) can cause issues.... Simplest thing...trade the battery with another car for a couple minutes...see if it cranks and other issues go away....a check with a voltmeter, etc can be done too...as could a battery load test.
That's what ill do today ill take it to get tested. Is this a know problem with low battery life on the mini's? thanks

Old 07-14-2013, 11:11 AM
davidvizion
Neutral
Ok just got the battery test and they said it was good, they said it was 94% charged

Old 07-14-2013, 11:54 AM
ZippyNH
6th Gear
Received 35 Likes on 35 Posts
The weak battery was the simple/cheap thing...lots of odd issues just as it dies....
Those question about water was due to the fact the BCM, located in the pax side foot well, can get wet...and issues. So look for moisture....
Next...
Check the battery connections...clean and tight ...and the main ground by the top engine mount.

Old 07-14-2013, 12:11 PM
baznight
3rd Gear
I would check the drivers carpet for moisture. You will have to pull back the plastic kick panel to check the foam under the carpet. The main connector for your dash harness is there mounted to lower side of the fuse panel.

Old 07-14-2013, 06:03 PM
davidvizion
Neutral
Originally Posted by baznight
I would check the drivers carpet for moisture. You will have to pull back the plastic kick panel to check the foam under the carpet. The main connector for your dash harness is there mounted to lower side of the fuse panel.
did that also check the fuse one was bad but not the issue it was the still doing the same thing, the battery is good and no water or moisture anywhere around
the BCM, what els can it be?

Old 07-14-2013, 07:50 PM
baznight
3rd Gear
The bcm is on the passenger side kick panel. The connector I was referring to is on the drivers side kick panel. It clips on the lower side of the fuse panel. Just open the connection and look to make sure there isn't any corrosion. You might not feel the moisture but you need to disconnect the connections and actually look at the pins and make sure there are growing the dreaded green garden.

Old 07-14-2013, 08:44 PM
davidvizion
Neutral
Originally Posted by baznight
The bcm is on the passenger side kick panel. The connector I was referring to is on the drivers side kick panel. It clips on the lower side of the fuse panel. Just open the connection and look to make sure there isn't any corrosion. You might not feel the moisture but you need to disconnect the connections and actually look at the pins and make sure there are growing the dreaded green garden.
Ok ill do it, and if there is what will be the solution , thanks

Old 07-15-2013, 04:15 AM
baznight
3rd Gear
Find leak and fix. Most likely drivers sunroof drain if corrosion is found here. Then clean/replace corroded pins and wiring as necessary.

Old 09-15-2013, 12:57 AM
zapotek
Neutral
Was this issue resolved? I have the same problem. If i disconnect the battery for a moment it solves the problem for a few days, but it always returns. Have seen no signs of any leaks.

Old 09-15-2013, 08:19 AM
davidvizion
Neutral
Originally Posted by zapotek
Was this issue resolved? I have the same problem. If i disconnect the battery for a moment it solves the problem for a few days, but it always returns. Have seen no signs of any leaks.
let me ask you this do you have the iPod/aux adapter conn to you radio, and I did fix the problem $300 after

Old 09-16-2013, 03:24 AM
zapotek
Neutral
I actually have a 3rd party iphone/aux docking device connected, will try to disconnect it and see if it solves the problem.

Old 09-16-2013, 08:11 AM
davidvizion
Neutral
Originally Posted by zapotek
I actually have a 3rd party iphone/aux docking device connected, will try to disconnect it and see if it solves the problem.
ok well i payed my mechanic over $300 and he couldn't fix it so one day everything just start to work I was cool, but i notice when i plugged in my aux cable like yours from a 3rd party the all the my stuff stop working so I unplugged the whole thing off and sense then no issues so hope that helps let me know thanks

Old 10-21-2013, 05:41 AM
zapotek
Neutral
Removing the 3rd party iphone device seems to have solved the problem Thank you!