Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

Stuck in reverse... R56s mt

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2013 | 03:59 AM
OhBe1
|
2nd Gear
Stuck in reverse... R56s mt

Couple weeks ago, on vacation in NC, just getting to posting now.
Early in day, had gotten into third instead of first a couple times, and clutch engagement was not quite as smooth. In these cases, shifter appeared to be in third, and was in third.
Following a long drive to Winston-Salem, parked in hotel lot with pax side down slope. About an hour later, backed out , tail down slope. Put shifter where first iusually is, and car reversed. Tried third with same result, and first again. Can't remember if I tried second. Shifter was in what appeared to be first or third, but reverse is what I got.

Was able to back into a level parking space further downhill. Next morning, no issues. Cut vacation short and made it back to Maryland. Annapolis MINI drove it around for a day and found no issues, but lubed linkage.
Fine ever since, but yesterday clutch started getting not as smooth again, and once got into reverse instead of first.

Anyone with similar issues?

Old 08-18-2013 | 12:48 PM
Slave to Felines
6th Gear
If it weren't for the clutch pedal feeling strange, I would say the shifter cables were where the problem lay. But I'm not sure how that would cause the pedal to feel funny.