Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

Air conditioning doesn't work anymore

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2014, 09:17 AM
Aline Adam
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air conditioning doesn't work anymore

Hello Everyone! I'm new here! My name is Aline and I'm from Belgium, I have a MINI R56 from 2008. Well the problem that I have with my MINI is that my light from the air conditioning doesn't light up anymore (and the air conditioning does not work offcourse) but also when I want to blow air to, for example, my feet, it doesn't change anything... When the weather is cold and wet there is a lot of condens that doesn't go away, I have to open my window to get it away..

It all started a few weeks ago, since my dad installed a parrot in my MINI, since then the light of the air conditioning doesn't light up and doesn't work anymore.. Does anyone know what the problem is and more important: how to fix it?

Thanks a lot !

Aline

Old 11-16-2014, 06:41 PM
afadeev
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Aline Adam
Hello Everyone! I'm new here! My name is Aline and I'm from Belgium, I have a MINI R56 from 2008. Well the problem that I have with my MINI is that my light from the air conditioning doesn't light up anymore (and the air conditioning does not work offcourse) but also when I want to blow air to, for example, my feet, it doesn't change anything... When the weather is cold and wet there is a lot of condens that doesn't go away, I have to open my window to get it away..
This could be anything from a simple blown fuse, to R134a refrigerant leak, to something more expensive (e.g.: blown compressor).

Originally Posted by Aline Adam
It all started a few weeks ago, since my dad installed a parrot in my MINI, since then the light of the air conditioning doesn't light up and doesn't work anymore.. Does anyone know what the problem is and more important: how to fix it?
Aline, I'm not sure what a "parrot" is in Belgium, but west of the Atlantic what you are describing might be interpreted as either animal abuse, or something very kinky.

If you tell us more about your "parrot" business, we might be of more help.
Otherwise, if you do "X", and "Y" immediately stops working, consider undoing "X".

a

Old 11-17-2014, 08:42 AM
Aline Adam
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello!

I will check the fuse a.s.a.p.
The parrot that I've mentioned is a bluetooth carkit, sorry for the misunderstanding .

Thanks for your replies!