Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

Radio Issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2016, 03:57 AM
thebombardier
5th Gear
Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts
Radio Issue

I want to know if anyone else has had this and solved it. I've had this issue with my radio ever since I got the car, but it's not a huge deal because I usually listen to my iPod or nothing at all instead of terrestrial radio.

Anyway, it seems at random my radio will put out no sound. I'll get a display, can change channels, and adjust volume, but no sound comes out. The CD player, AUX, Satellite Radio, ect will all work, just not the radio. I've even had it where if I start the car and the radio was left on the previous drive, the radio will come on when I first insert the fob, but will die out when the engine is started. But usually it won't work in accessory or after ignition. Tried to get the dealer to fix it back when it was under warranty but they couldn't replicate the issue.

Old 11-29-2016, 04:07 AM
ShipM8
4th Gear
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
I haven't had that issue. Like you, I have an ipod and hardly ever listen to the radio. I know that's not much help, but good to keep the comments going!