Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

Fuel Shut off?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2016, 05:57 PM
NikiMae31
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fuel Shut off?

Ok, so I've searched through the internet and previous posts, but I can't find anything. About two weeks ago, I went off the road and drove my Mini into and up a ditch. I was able to drive out of the corn field ( I'm okay) and drive home okay with no problems. The only damage seemed to be the plastic under the bumper and my license plate that got torn off. So I parked the car, with plans on putting it back together. No fluids leaking or anything obvious. I went to start it today, and it seems like there isn't any fuel getting to the engine. I've a Mini before that after I rear ended someone, there was a fuel shut off button that needed to be reset for it to run again. Any ideas if/where it would be on a 2008 MCS turbo, automatic? I looked, but I can't seem to find it. Figured I would try that first before anything else. TIA

Old 12-08-2016, 12:16 PM
PelicanParts.com
Vendor
Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Check out this NAM thread HERE. I believe this is if the airbags deploy so I'm not sure this is your issue in this case. Also, check out post #7 in this thread HERE. With that being said, have you plugged into your OBD and check for any fault codes that may be present? Check all modules.

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 12-09-2016, 01:47 PM
NikiMae31
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am at a loss. I've checked through both of those links, and most of them are with air bag deployment. Mine didn't deploy. I even checked all the fuses to see if one got tripped, and nothing. I plan on jacking it up to see if I can see anything underneath. Hoping it is an easy fix. I just had it in for a radiator hose replacement. Boo.

Old 12-12-2016, 09:03 AM
PelicanParts.com
Vendor
Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
I do know some BMW's have a control unit for the fuel pump that would shut off in an instance like this, but from looking at diagrams I do not believe the R56 has this same module. If it did I believe it resets with the ignition since it wouldn't have a physical button. It may only shut it off a air bag deplays too. I'd also think you'd have an issue right away instead of when you got home. How do you know your vehicle isn't getting fuel? You can test the system if you haven't with this article HERE. I would check under the car and inspect the gas tank for any damage. It is plastic and may be pushed up and if under the fuel pump then it may be damaged. It is possible if it is pushed up that with the initial fuel pressure there the return side was dumping into the fuel pump pick up feeding it and after sitting all night the system lost its prime causing it to not start now. Also, did you check for fault codes in the system?

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST