Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

Spark Plug evaluation help?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2016, 12:16 AM
HBondar
2nd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Spark Plug evaluation help?

My son's 2007 MCS (67k) is guxxlinhg oil - a quart every 200-300 miles. There is no visible oil leak; no loss of power and no blue smoke.

My trusty Compression tester does not fit this vehicle so I await delivery of a compression tester and leak down tester - probably tomorrow.

In the meantime I have pulled the plugs - I think I have attached photos of them?? They do not look like pugs from a major oil burner - perhaps I am wrong.

I'd really like some other opinions on this. Oh yeah, and I inspected two large orifices on the driver side of the turbo. There was a very small drop of oil - half the size of a dime - i think in from of the impeller. I could be mistaken as to which orifice. Again - did not seem enough to account for the oil loss.

Anyway - first step prior to compression and leak down is to see if anyone else has a better eye on the photos I tried to attach to this posting - thanks!

Attached Thumbnails Spark Plug evaluation help?-img_5354.jpg   Spark Plug evaluation help?-img_5355.jpg