Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

Footwell module wiring

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2017, 12:46 PM
mcguir6799
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Footwell module wiring

I have been experiencing problems with my footwell module wiring for about a year now. My hazards and footwell lights stopped working and I just ignored it for a bit. Friday one of my turn signals stopped working so I decided to take a look.

Upon just wigling the wires the footwell lights would go on and off and my turn signals were working. I noticed if I put constant pressure on the wires everything would work. I place a few pieces of electrical tape to hold the wires down and everything was working.

However last night my footwell lights stopped stopped working again. I got back to the module and barely moved wires and they worked again. It seems a loose connection on a few wires as just jiggling them can cause all sorts of issues from no hazards, turn signals not working, radio button illumination not working, etc. anyone seen this before and know a solution?

Thanks in advance.