Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

Wiper problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2017 | 05:25 AM
Mortikai
|
Neutral
Wiper problems

Ok so I'm new here and just bought a 2007 Mini Cooper s about 2 weeks ago. When I test drove the car everything worked like it should. For the last couple days I've been having trouble with my wipers. I've checked everything, fuses are good, and the motor is good. One of the relays was not working so I replaced it and it seemed to start working again. Well I get in it this morning and of course it's raining and they start doing crazy crap. The only way they work is if the switch is pressed down, which is weird because they are not supposed to work continually in this position but they do. Every once and a while they will work in the intermediate position but they stop at the top of their cycle, so I have to press the switch down to get them to start again. I called a mini dealer and they said it could be the FRM module or the switch to just bring it by and they would drain my savings. So Is there anything else I can check before I have to spend my kids college savings?? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!