Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

irritating trembling noise

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2017, 06:00 AM
genik
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
irritating trembling noise

On some roads where the asphalt is a little harsh, i get small vibrations and the specific plastic ive attached a photo of makes an irritating trembling noise. If i squeeze gently where the arrow is pointing at, the noise stops, so i was thinking that maybe it isn't well fixed and thats why the noise occurs. Maybe removing it a adding a little of silicone could fix the issue, the question is how do i remove it! Anyone know or has seen a video with a how to removal?

Attached Thumbnails irritating trembling noise-tremble.jpg  
Old 01-28-2017, 09:14 AM
Minnie.the.Moocher
OVERDRIVE
Received 571 Likes on 487 Posts
Looks like it prys off with a trim removal tool or plastic paint scraper. Check diagram for your car at realoem.com for any screw locations to be sure.

Old 01-28-2017, 07:39 PM
ceoengr
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just pull from the edges and it pops out. Behind there is a speaker for the blue-tooth and a few wires. Check if they are loose and or rubbing. I shoved some foam pieces in there and snapped the trim back. This stopped the vibration emanating from this area.

Old 01-28-2017, 11:22 PM
genik
5th Gear
Originally Posted by ceoengr
Just pull from the edges and it pops out.
Which edges are you referring to? Can you show by putting some arrows, im afraid i might break it.

Old 01-29-2017, 05:10 PM
ceoengr
2nd Gear
The edge of the trim where it meets the headliner on the driver, passenger, and the rear side. You may feel some initial resistance and that is normal. PS - Sorry it is not possible to draw arrows using S7 phone.

Old 01-29-2017, 05:21 PM
genik
5th Gear
the edges?

Originally Posted by ceoengr
The edge of the trim where it meets the headliner on the driver, passenger, and the rear side. You may feel some initial resistance and that is normal. PS - Sorry it is not possible to draw arrows using S7 phone.
No worries about arrow drawing, ive put them in the picture in orange color. Please verify that the arrows point to the "edges" you are talking about!

Attached Thumbnails irritating trembling noise-tremble2.jpg  
Old 01-30-2017, 02:05 AM
ceoengr
2nd Gear
Yes.

Old 01-30-2017, 05:08 AM
genik
5th Gear
Thanks ceoengr i tried it but its not just the gray plastic part that can be moving causing the trembling noise, even the black in the inside is wobbly! And thats just not it, its not easy to place foam (or else) to make it stiffer because it just wont "button up" to the black plastic part when pressed, theres not enough room to make this move. I couldn't put any foam or anything else, i only screwed more the screws and prayed. :-)
Where did you manage to put the foam anyway?

What do you mean by foam, a spray?

Last edited by genik; 01-30-2017 at 05:57 AM.