Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

2003 MCS lights and signals going haywire

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2017, 10:15 AM
Jeffrey Dwyer II
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 MCS lights and signals going haywire

i just purchased a 2003 mini Cooper s that I got halfway home and signals and lights went haywire. Sometimes they work and sometimes they don't kind of hit or miss if you play with the marker switch you get them to work occasionally after 10-15 try's. The blinkers and brights do not show in the tacometer and if they do they stick on and don't Shut off when you turn them on and off or turn the wheel. The ac/defrost control panel comes and goes and doesn't seem to always turn on with the car. Door chimes seem to stay on with car off from time to time.

Any help would be greatly appreaviated as i did as I did not expect this when I purchased car and I am having regrets already trying to track this down. I have checked fuses and switches all seem ok. I have been looking into the bcu it appears to be moist in area and looks like some water could have came down door pillar on passenger side at some point.

Old 03-03-2017, 10:39 AM
mdaz75
4th Gear
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Go to an advance auto or auto zone and have your battery and alternator tested. Also, do some searching on the forum about sunroof drain fixes.

Old 03-04-2017, 09:16 AM
X757XVeritas
5th Gear
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Check the battery well for water as well.