Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

DTC 01/01 n/a

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2017, 09:36 AM
spudeye
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DTC 01/01 n/a

My scanner, a U480 purchased through AliBaba, the chinese ebay, for less than $40 and free shipping with a 6 week delivery window, has been throwing out that obnoxious know-nothing code DTC 01/01 n/a. I see that I am not the only one plagued by the monster. Recently, 'vance autoparts has been giving free scans. So I took my gen 1 mini hatch to 'vance and the clerk put the scanner to my ride (which I have rebuilt from the crankshaft up). What my scanner gave as DTC 01/01 n/a, the 'vance scanner gave as DTC 0302, misfire in #2 cylinder-----------hmmm.
'vance uses an Acteon scanner that costs $140.
So I have learned that my chinese cheapy is inaccurate.
Me and the employee put our heads togather to solve the problem and I purchased a set of double platinum Autolite sparkies with a gap of .044" rather than .032" common to the nonadjustables and adjustibles, such as the NGK Iridium. Since installing the autolites, it has been problem solved; all ses lights off!
Next on the agenda is to buy a better scanner. Chinese cheap is not a good thing which I have verified and upon further inspection found that two of the pins (4,5 of the needed ISO 4,5,7,16) have pulled themselves out of alignment with the other pins, which is a tool fault.
So there you B: buy quality and only quality or pay twice and more.
My coop is running great guns

Old 03-06-2017, 10:06 AM
X757XVeritas
5th Gear
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Alibaba is a legit site?? I thought it was some scam site.

I got a c110 from Amazon for cheap, it can do engine, srs (airbag), and I believe abs codes.