Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Installing new a/c compressor; need advice

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2017, 06:42 AM
JAB 67
6th Gear
Received 58 Likes on 50 Posts
Installing new a/c compressor; need advice

I bought an OE Delphi a/c compressor from a forum member. He bought it new but never installed it. Unfortunately he lost the paperwork that came with it. The bright yellow label attached to the housing states: "Contains PAG Oil. Follow oil balancing procedures in enclosed instructions sheet." Can someone tell me what information the missing sheet provides? Thanks.

Old 04-06-2017, 05:18 AM
Whine not Walnuts
OVERDRIVE
Received 626 Likes on 555 Posts
The compressor/system is suppose to have a certain amount oil in the system. Normally you put so much in the compressor, some in the dryer and then some in the condenser. Also need to make sure you have the proper type of oil.

To start, I would remove and measure the amount of oil in the compressor. Then do some research on line on how much the Mini System is suppose to hold, I am thinking something like 3.5 ounces.

Old 04-06-2017, 05:23 AM
Whine not Walnuts
OVERDRIVE
Received 626 Likes on 555 Posts
Perhaps a dumb question but you are sure your existing compressor is shot and that you do not have a fan resistor issue????

Or a bad clutch?