Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

Acceleration issues/Chugging

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2017 | 06:17 PM
Dobby1
|
Neutral
Acceleration issues/Chugging

Hello everyone,

I just purchased my 2013 R56 last year with 36k miles. I am now out of warranty and just hit 50,250 miles. This past month I have been having some type of accelerating issues. At least once a week when I am accelerating the car will start to chug and feel like it is going to stall, but does not. It quickly chugs, I get into gear, and it is then good to go. I have NO idea what the issue could be. I have taken it to the dealer once, however, they said they cannot duplicate the issue. Any suggestions or similar issues? Thank you

Old 04-19-2017 | 07:41 PM
-=gRaY rAvEn=-
Spark plugs...still original ones ????

These Turbo S models over time will actually create larger spark plug gaps as the electrodes deteriorate.....

Swap them out every 35-40K miles.

Old 04-21-2017 | 09:57 AM
Dobby1
|
Neutral
Acceleration/chugging issues R56

Originally Posted by -=gRay rAvEn=-
Spark plugs...still original ones ????

These Turbo S models over time will actually create larger spark plug gaps as the electrodes deteriorate.....

Swap them out every 35-40K miles.
Thanks for the info! Mine is not and S however. Any ideas on how to check if the spark plugs are good? I'm considering changing our myself, but I want to make sure I'm not missing any other poetential issues.