Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

NEED HELP! 2007 Mini will not start!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2017, 07:51 AM
NYMini19
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NEED HELP! 2007 Mini will not start!

Hello,

This is confusing! I have had many mechanics come to help but nobody can figure it out. I have a 2007 Mini Cooper, automatic Transmission not an S.

1. Battery light came on and it kept dying while driving.
2. Got the battery tested, it was dead. Autozone said Alternator was fine. But I got a jump and made it home finally after being jumped every 10 minutes.
3. Next day the car ran fine and ran fine for 2 weeks.
4. I got in a small accident where i slid on ice into a snow bank.
5. Car would not start.
6. Bond auto said Battery and alternator were dead so I bought a new battery and new alternator.
7. I put in the new battery (Same as the original battery that was already in it) and drove home, died 2 minutes from home due to dead alternator and got jumped so i made it home.
8. Replaced Alternator and now the car will not start. It spits and sputters but will not crank. I bought new spark plugs, new coil pack, new camshaft sensor PLUG. and still nothing. Fuel smell is heavy, Mechanics say it is not the fuel pump because we have pressure.
It is flooded but its been sitting now for about a month and still wont start.

Any help please!!!

Old 05-10-2017, 08:03 AM
Minnie.the.Moocher
OVERDRIVE
Received 571 Likes on 487 Posts
Are you going to a mechanic that knows MINI? Do you have any OBD codes?

Old 05-10-2017, 08:07 AM
NYMini19
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Minnie,

The first mechanic did not know Mini that well. The second said he did and he helped us with the coil pack and spark plugs and camshaft sensor but even he is stumped. He is thinking somehow it is locked out and the key needs to be reprogrammed. The chip in the key and the anti-theft system is not letting the car spark and start?

regarding OBD codes.. no there are no codes

Old 05-12-2017, 05:36 AM
MiniToBe
6th Gear
Received 432 Likes on 398 Posts
where are you located?

sometimes, and it happened with me after i rebuilt an engine to a NAM member, the starter will die.

is the car "dead" and does nothing when you start it?