Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

Code P0974 Aisin 6 Speed

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2017, 05:35 PM
bigwingboy
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Code P0974 Aisin 6 Speed

I was wondering if anyone has, or knows where I can get, the pinout data for the connectors on the Aisin 6 speed automatic transmission?
My trans is locked in limp mode and my scan tool is showing solenoid 1 continuously ON at all times. I would like to know which wire(s) in the transmission connector goes to solenoid 1, what resistance the solenoid should have, and what voltage is supplied to the solenoid. I'm not sure if the EGS is incorrectly commanding the solenoid ON at all times, or if the solenoid itself is shorted out or stuck. I'd like to diagnose this before dropping the trans pan. The Bentley manual does not give the detail that I'm looking for. BTW, the car has 89K miles, I changed the "lifetime" fluid hoping that the valve would come unstuck, and the original fluid that I drained was somewhat dark, but had no burnt odor. The scan tool shows the shift lever commands the proper gear position (PRND). So that's not the problem. I have also checked wires for damage and continuity. The car was driving and shifting perfectly before suddenly going into limp mode.
I'm suspecting bad solenoid, but want to check the entire system thoroughly.
Any help is greatly appreciated!

Old 05-30-2017, 03:35 PM
thefarside
4th Gear
Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts
Online TF-60SN Manual is here: https://www.scribd.com/doc/219057584...SN-09G-09M-pdf

Order a hard copy here: http://www.makcotransmissionparts.com/VW09mmanuals.html

Page 14 has the pinout you need.

Solenoids are controlled by PWM signals, you may need an oscilloscope to get a clear understanding of the signals.

Good luck!

Peter

The following users liked this post:
bigwingboy (07-05-2017)