Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Dealership "repaired" '06 SRS Recall

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2017, 10:46 PM
H_C
3rd Gear
Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Dealership "repaired" '06 SRS Recall

The only issue that I have with my 2006 Cooper S is that the SRS Airbag light is illuminated whenever its on.

Today, I went to my local dealership to check if any recall work was done to my car. The service-person said the front oxygen sensor and the passenger airbag sensor was replaced.
To diagnose why the SRS light is on, it would cost me $130. Seeing how the PO's dealership "maintained" the car ("lost" front&rear hub caps, missing rubber jack pad, severely bent bottom door sills, etc), I'm hesitant for someone to charge me so much just do diagnose a potentially easy to solve problem.

My question is this: Is there an OBD II tool that is easy to use, less than $200 (the cheaper the better), and that'll reset or diagnose my SRS issue?

Thanks in advance!

Old 06-13-2017, 02:30 PM
Whine not Walnuts
OVERDRIVE
Received 626 Likes on 555 Posts
I am thinking that OBD readers access emissions and/or transmission issues you are not going to find one less than $200 that will access and clear an airbag issue.