Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

No start P0974 after timing chain replacement and oil change.

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2017, 12:04 PM
min00b
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No start P0974 after timing chain replacement and oil change.

Hello everyone.

My first post here and I'm in need of assistance already.

I replaced the timing chain along with the guides and other good stuff and changed oil on my 2007 R56 turbo. It was a nightmare of a job however I managed to do it, slowly.

After the job was finished I was anxious to see the results. I didn't bother connecting the lights, etc. The car started up without any major difficulties, got a check engine light for a camshaft position sensor that I forgot to connect, and some other codes:
P0340
P110F
P0073
P0974
So I shut off the car, reconnected the camshaft sensor and the car started without any issues. However the remaining codes persisted:
P110F
P0073
P0974
I shut off the car, since it was still sitting on the jack stands without wheels, and when I went to start it again it didn't crank, only some strange icons appeared on the dash (I think it was an exclamation mark, then gear icon, then lights, basically all the things I left disconnected.

Do you guys have any ideas at to why it has stopped running?