Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Toe In Issue... Trailing Arm?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2017, 03:47 PM
RHcoopers
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Toe In Issue... Trailing Arm?

So I've been to two tires shops that perform alignments in the past and keep putting off getting this issue looked at. Both shops have reported that they cannot adjust my rear driver side toe in far enough. See Photo. Shows left was .09 while the right was able to reach spec of .20

From what I can see, my control arms both look straight, the trailing arm is really hard to tell if its bent or not.

My thoughts are to go to a BMW/MINI specific shop for a final opinion but other than that, would it be safer to say its the trailing arm? I get that this is the kind of issue that you have to seee to really say. Just frustrating.

Old 07-02-2017, 05:56 PM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Received 768 Likes on 626 Posts
This is why we recommend rear control arms even on a stock car as they will allow you to get the camber reduced and get that toe in line to improve tire life. You could have something bent, but you're close so you may not.

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more

Old 07-02-2017, 07:50 PM
RHcoopers
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WayMotorWorks
This is why we recommend rear control arms even on a stock car as they will allow you to get the camber reduced and get that toe in line to improve tire life. You could have something bent, but you're close so you may not.

Just a set of lower rears could help correct?

Old 07-03-2017, 05:50 PM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Received 768 Likes on 626 Posts
Originally Posted by RHcoopers
Just a set of lower rears could help correct?
Usually that's all you need as we only do the 4pc set on race cars.

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more