Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

Help with failed Turbo & HPFP

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2017 | 10:43 PM
mrhat
|
Neutral
Help with failed Turbo & HPFP

Hello again, I would like to ask for some advice please

I have a 2011 Cooper S (September build, 67,000kms). Few months back the car began having a lot of trouble starting. Engine would eventually turned over but ran rough for 60 seconds or so after starting cold. Called local dealership and asked if it would be the HPFP, was told it was likely to be carbon buildup - booked the car in and stopped driving it just to be on the safe side.

Next time I got into the car, engine fault "reduced power" etc etc - towed to local BMW mechanic.

Failed HPFP. Failed turbo.

So, I'm told the Coolant Temp Sensor on this car had a recall and was replaced under warranty a few years back. Could this part have failed again and tripped off this **** show? My mechanic also noted a bolt in the turbo had been put back incorrectly at some point causing overheating?

Any opinions are much appreciated guys

Old 07-05-2017 | 11:20 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Does not sound like the sensor would do that to fail a turbo and the HPFP, the HPFP is a higher fail item. The turbo can fail from an oil line leak, debris getting into the turbine, bearing failure...etc.

I would see who did the work on that bolt because that is a root cause of the turbo.

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
The following users liked this post:
mrhat (07-05-2017)