Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Wet seatbelt?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2017, 01:29 PM
drrigg
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wet seatbelt?

Greetings ya'll. We're about finished with rainy season in Florida and suddenly my seatbelt is pulling out of the reel in the B pillar wet. The only thing I changed from last year is installing a Yakima Q-Tower rack that attaches behind the drip rail. Since this drip rail is a separate rubber piece that doesn't fit all that tightly against the body I can't imagine that it is actually responsible for keeping water out of some hole in the body but I guess it's possible. No dampness has shown up in the headliner yet but I replaced it over the winter so it may have just not soaked through yet. The water only seems to be affecting the drivers seatbelt and it isn't wringing wet just damp. Any ideas?

Old 07-10-2017, 02:08 PM
pnwR53S
6th Gear - NAM Hall of Fame
Received 390 Likes on 357 Posts
sunroof - rainroof?

Old 07-10-2017, 03:43 PM
sarom058
5th Gear
Location: Portland, OR *currently in a temporary email address
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
There are four sunroof drain tubes at each corner of the headliner. First thing I'd check is if the little rubber tube didn't pop off of one.

Old 07-10-2017, 04:13 PM
Whine not Walnuts
OVERDRIVE
Received 626 Likes on 555 Posts
Moving you to the Stock Problems/Issues area.

I am trying to envision how my R53 door/window area came in contact with the body frame but agree with the other postings about checking out the sunroof drain tubes if you have one.