Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

06 keyfob wont reset

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2017, 12:26 PM
ACC3141
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 keyfob wont reset

i replaced the main 12v battery on my 06 and both keyfobs stopped working right after that. No surprise. However the reset process wont work (key on/off 4x, hold unlock, lock 3x, release unlock). It worked last time I replaced the battery. Have tried numerous times. Dealer also tried it and could not get it to work. Tried ECU reset - no luck. Afraid something fried when I reconnected the battery... Anybody have any ideas on anything else to try?

Old 07-14-2017, 01:11 PM
gumbedamit
5th Gear
Received 96 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by ACC3141
i replaced the main 12v battery on my 06 and both keyfobs stopped working right after that. No surprise. However the reset process wont work (key on/off 4x, hold unlock, lock 3x, release unlock). It worked last time I replaced the battery. Have tried numerous times. Dealer also tried it and could not get it to work. Tried ECU reset - no luck. Afraid something fried when I reconnected the battery... Anybody have any ideas on anything else to try?
Sorry, thought I had something, but I don't, duh!!!