Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

Fuel Door Pin?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2017 | 12:07 PM
mashby
|
3rd Gear
Fuel Door Pin?

I was at a MINI meet up this weekend and learned that my fuel door is suppose to lock when I lock my car. It's never done that, so I didn't know this was a missing feature. Anyway, it was pointed out that the pin that locks the fuel door is broken.

If I want to fix this, do I have to buy the whole Filler Flap Actuator? Is this the piece that is broken?

Thanks in advance.

Old 07-24-2017 | 12:12 PM
Whine not Walnuts
OVERDRIVE
On my Gen1 vert, the pin system is separate from the cap section. It looks like a 6" long paper white out tool. You access by removing some plastic trim inside the trunk. You can also see it if you remove the tail light but you can not get the screws from the tail light area.

Old 08-02-2017 | 08:10 AM
ohiojcw
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by mashby
I was at a MINI meet up this weekend and learned that my fuel door is suppose to lock when I lock my car. It's never done that, so I didn't know this was a missing feature. Anyway, it was pointed out that the pin that locks the fuel door is broken.

If I want to fix this, do I have to buy the whole Filler Flap Actuator? Is this the piece that is broken?

Thanks in advance.
that would be the part you need... it replaces as a whole unit....

contact ALLMAGAutoParts on here.... i bought one off him at a very good price, and they give a 15% NAMotoring discount.

The following users liked this post:
ALLMAGAutoParts (08-03-2017)
Old 08-02-2017 | 01:37 PM
mashby
|
3rd Gear
Thanks ohiojcw!

I ended up getting on off of eBay for $10. Now I just have to figure out how to replace it. :-)

Old 08-02-2017 | 01:54 PM
RedAggie03
4th Gear
Does this apply on a 2006? I'm not sure I noticed my fuel door locks either...but then again, I just got it and haven't even put gas in it yet!

Old 08-03-2017 | 10:46 AM
ALLMAGAutoParts
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by ohiojcw
that would be the part you need... it replaces as a whole unit....

contact ALLMAGAutoParts on here.... i bought one off him at a very good price, and they give a 15% NAMotoring discount.
Thanks for the mention! We do have the fuel filler flap actuators, but they are specific for the Clubman. Almost all other gen2 cars are the same part, go figure...

Right now we are out on the Clubman actuators. I see you found one on eBay, best of luck with the repair!

-Andrew