Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

Coolant leak from snap fitting under reservoir tank !!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2017, 08:29 AM
Emincee1012
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Coolant leak from snap fitting under reservoir tank !!!

just wondering if this has happened to anybody else , I took the tank out tested that and no leaks and I see it is leaking from the snap fitting under the tank ... I guess I moved it to much during oil changes ... anyways instead of buying the whole line with fitting can I just buy another snap fitting ? Or I was also thinking can I just buy a 90 degree fitting from Home Depot or something and just use hose clamps ? Thank you any advice would be appreciated thanks ...

Old 07-29-2017, 10:27 AM
oldbrokenwind
6th Gear
Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts
When mine started leaking, the dealer only sold the complete assembly, the fitting wasn't available separately. Verify this via http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/select If I remember correctly, there's an o-ring in the fitting --- try replacing that before buying a substitute fitting. Take the tank with you to your local Home Depot if you get a substitute. Maybe get an extra long hose to compensate for the loss of the swivel function.

Old 07-29-2017, 10:51 AM
Emincee1012
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That is exactly what I was thinking about doing if I couldn't find the same fitting ... thank you !