Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

Valve Cover Ground

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2017, 09:57 AM
Mellow Moto
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Valve Cover Ground

I'm in the middle of changing my timing chain and noticed that the ground that connects to the center bolt on the valve cover is broken. It seems like it could be a pretty simple fix but I was wondering if any one else has ran into this problem and what they did about it.

Any help or ideas would be great, thanks.

Old 07-31-2017, 10:37 AM
oldbrokenwind
6th Gear
Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts
Originally Posted by Mellow Moto
I'm in the middle of changing my timing chain and noticed that the ground that connects to the center bolt on the valve cover is broken. It seems like it could be a pretty simple fix but I was wondering if any one else has ran into this problem and what they did about it.

Any help or ideas would be great, thanks.
Fix it! Your local hardware store has the needed parts in the wiring section --- one of the easiest fixes on a Mini.

Old 07-31-2017, 02:14 PM
Mellow Moto
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks, I grabbed the stuff I need from Lowe's but sadly I think I have a bigger problem now.

Old 07-31-2017, 07:42 PM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Received 768 Likes on 626 Posts
Do NOT run the car with it disconnected as it can fry the ECU as I know dealer techs that have done this.

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more