Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

Continuation of previous problem.

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2017, 06:31 PM
BeardedForever
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Continuation of previous problem.

Today I noticed a puddle under my car. Even in the hot summer it hadn't evaporated. Well I haven't driven the car for 2 days so it can't be the A/C condensation.

I lift the car and find a drop forming near my water pump pulley, steadily dripping ever 20 seconds. So I call "Shop B" and tell them I'm on my way.

A half mile later my car starts to warm up. Then I get an overheat warning. I turn the A/C off and open the windows. I get another warning, I slow down. Half way there I get a half engine light and partial power. Then I get an oil light and I smell strong coolant burning. I pull over and see this. (See Pic) Thinking I need a warranty repair I call "Shop A" that first replaced the thermostat last August. They are booked until the 14th. I need my car sooner than that.

So I make it to "Shop B" and they are taking care of my repair problem. However I now have to talk to "Shop A" that did the original work and see if they will refund the repair, or at least the thermostat. I also have to wonder about the detonation and possible damage that happened during this fiasco and will "Shop A" cover that as well.

**** my life!

Last edited by BeardedForever; 08-01-2017 at 07:19 PM.
Old 08-01-2017, 07:12 PM
Cngizbleevng
3rd Gear
Holy smokes--the thermostat is broken in two! So you must have lost pretty much all your coolant and the drip was just what was dribbling out at the end. No wonder the car overheated.

Old 08-01-2017, 07:13 PM
Cngizbleevng
3rd Gear
unless the thermostat broke further while on the trip to the repair shop.

Old 08-01-2017, 07:18 PM
BeardedForever
2nd Gear
The stat broke on the way to the shop to check out the water pump problem. Now I have 2 issues.