Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

Thermostat Installation Screw Up?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2017, 03:49 AM
griengl
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thermostat Installation Screw Up?

Hello everyone,

I have a question for those who may know the layout of the N14, or thermostat housing installation better than I do.

I drive an 09 R55 Factory JCW. Great car. Loved every minute driving it.

Although, I find I need to replace the thermostat housing. I find a descriptive video online, and watch a few times over, then have my own attempt at doing so. I swap out the part and reconnect all hoses and all plugs. The car runs, which is a good sign, but I am now unsure if I have swapped out two hoses with each other. I am unsure, as I unscrew the bleeder screw on top of the housing, no coolant comes out. Take in mind it seems the coolant is at its maximum holding capacity, as I have let the car idle for about 30 minutes while refilling coolant as it circulated through the system. The hoses in question are the two hoses that connect to the housing coming from the back of the car. They are connected to each other and are the same size. (facing the front of the car for reference). I raised the car, and looked underneath and tracked them to see them both enter what looks like the cabin of the car through a slitted rubber entrance.(heater core?) Because of their slightly confusing layout, I am unsure if I have switched the two around. The car has had no problems idling, or with any temperature problems from what I can tell. I will post pictures soon.

I am worried to take the car out, as I do not want to cause damage to any components or the thermostat housing due to pressures or heat.

Does anyone know of any hose arrangement diagrams or thermostat housing diagrams that I can take reference from? I have searched on my own and have not found success.

Please help!

The video I used for reference-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ek4YJUvZTPc

Old 08-06-2017, 06:47 AM
MiniToBe
6th Gear
Received 432 Likes on 398 Posts
The following users liked this post:
griengl (08-06-2017)
Old 08-06-2017, 08:09 AM
griengl
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts